It bags that will become classics?

^ I'm sorry brian, I'm going to have to agree with susie_bubble. I'm just not a fan of the white and logos. :flower:

IMHO, Balenciaga motorcycles will seem to last more than just a season or a year. And even though I don't like them much, LV speedys might stay awhile. And Koobas??? No, no, no.

I really hope the Lanvin Kansas will be a classic 'cos I have one. :lol:

Hermes Birkin, Chanel 2.55 are already classics.

I don't know about Balenciaga Motorcycle bags. I liked the earlier versions with better leather & finishing. But right now I'm having difficulty differentiating the new range from cheap knock-offs on the street. I see the bag everywhere, and I'm getting a little sick of it.:doh:

I personally think that plain leather bags can always be classic, provided that their shape and design isnt too busy nor to fit a certain trend. My mother's black leathe chanel bag is from the 70's and she still uses it...its very classic..I dont see dior nor lv being anywhere near classic...even if they were vintage collection...I think people nowdays tend to move away from monogram and focus on the design of the bag..

brian said:
i just bot this 1 today @ saks n im purty shr that the multicolore is alrady a classic... this 1 is cald the lodge n it has 2 pockts in the front 4 my stuff 2b organised omg i luv it lol kisses :kiss:

i also got this 1 the trouville its gorges it holds everythin lol !!!

From having read other posts by brian,I'm pret-ty sure he's having you on :lol: .

i think the balenciaga had potential to become classic, but because of the mass production everyone is just getting so sick of it... so sick that it might not make it to classic status.

brian better be joking :smile:
These are the only "classics" I'm confident about so far:
Birkin
Kelly
Chanel 2.55

i think LV should get classic status as well. they have been around long enough, yes they are faked by the thousands, but so are chanel and the style of hermes...LV is chic and in my eyes, very classic, when worn for the right reasons.

one could argue that a bag gains "classic" status when it is issued and continued by a fashion house season after season for years and years.

that is to say, the "classic" style of a bag could have less to do with design than one might actually guess.

i mean, why do we think the birkin is a classic? are you sure it's because of the classic design? because we also think the LV monogram canvas is a classic. is it because the LV monogram canvas looks so timless and everlasting? or is it because LV won't abandon it, thereby preserving the value and hence "timelessness" of it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrigitteXCX
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->