Italy Versus Anna Wintour

farou7a

Reaction score
FOLLOWING her statement last week that she would not attend an extended Milan schedule but rather stick to a three day visit (read the full story here), Anna Wintour has been rebuked by the city's Mayor.

"Letizia Moratti, mayor of Milan, sent a message to the editor-in-chief of Vogue America, Anna Wintour: 'Nobody, not even if her name is Anna Wintour, can take the liberty to do and undo our fashion calendar. For this reason, we must all work united,'" the Corriere della Sera reported.

Meanwhile, Mario Boselli, head of Italy's Chamber of Fashion, said it was "the designers' responsibility to acknowledge their strength" and not cave in to outside pressure. "Especially in this economy, it is too costly to work in a state of constant emergency," said Boselli.

Wintour's response to the fuss that has arisen around her refusal to amend her schedule has been short and sweet.

"I am very much looking forward to going to Italy, as always," she told WWD.

source: vogue.com

Attachments

• AWintour_28aug08_rex_1280_320x480_1.jpg
    AWintour_28aug08_rex_1280_320x480_1.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 0
I'm italian and from Milan, our Mayor said something after lots of pressures from medias..anyway I don't care if it takes 3-5-7-10 days I just find our fashion week boring, most of our stylists are boring to death nothing new or innovative..just the same cuts and same old standards, they're like old kings and queens that won't move from their reign, boring boring boring. we need new young designers a new generation that would help our famous fashion industry to finds new ways to stand out in the world wide fashion industry. btw I don't like Anna Wintour and I think that our designers should be brave as france ones and don't care about Wintour rules, brave enough to say no thanx we'll keep on going as usual with the FASHION WEEK!

I'm italian and from Milan, our Mayor said something after lots of pressures from medias..anyway I don't care if it takes 3-5-7-10 days I just find our fashion week boring, most of our stylists are boring to death nothing new or innovative..just the same cuts and same old standards, they're like old kings and queens that won't move from their reign, boring boring boring. we need new young designers a new generation that would help our famous fashion industry to finds new ways to stand out in the world wide fashion industry. btw I don't like Anna Wintour and I think that our designers should be brave as france ones and don't care about Wintour rules, brave enough to say no thanx we'll keep on going as usual with the FASHION WEEK!

Well I definitely agree it's not as innovative or exciting here as in Paris . It's more commercial of course . I know several other students that are exiting from IED and Marangoni that could really make the calendar exciting if given a chance . But I don't think it will happen considering the Milanese calendar is one of the hardest to break into .

could someone post the link to the whole story please? :flower: I haven't still got where it all started from..

thank you. I don't get what all the fuss is about anyway. Three days of shows don't even deserve to be called a fashion week, I had always taken for granted it would last five days. Who cares if Anna Wintour can't see every show in Milan? Seriously.

Who cares?

Fendi and Prada were scheduled between 26-28.
Anna Wintour made plans to go there only for those dates.
One week before MFW, the schedule is changed by the Italian fashion industry so that AW will miss the shows she is going there for.

The fashion industry.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess the main reason to take notice is that....she is missing the Prada show.

is no-one from her team going to be there though? :blink:

fendi, i wouldnt really mind her missing.

^Sure. Still, the MFW people moved her number 1 priority show the last moment so that she could not attend.

It says something.

Yeh, I have a bad feeling about her importance in the fashion industry now.

I don't accommodate for last-minute, flaky schedule changers because it negatively effects my later obligations/appointments. Why should Anna?

I don't accommodate for last-minute, flaky schedule changers because it negatively effects my later obligations/appointments. Why should Anna?

She could not possibly do that, not in her position. But why are they doing it? Either to just snub her, or as a retribution for her effectively trying to cut down MFW to 3 days.

Her absence from the Prada show in particular will stand out like a sore thumb....and Fendi as well, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigsadrn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->