Ivy League/Preppy Style

pineapple

Reaction score
I really like the preppy styles...you know...a nice sweater and a crisp shirt underneath, with a dainty neck scarf. But that's not necessarily limited to that.

I also like to pull my hair into a low ponytail to create a sophisticated look. Anyway...what are your opinions on "sophisticated" and "preppy" styles? What's your favorite look/trend? Feel free to post pictures.

i love that style a lot too. i sometimes can't get over how great a nice shirt looks under a cute sweater. really! but i love seamless turtlenecks, full skirts, and high, high heels with loose waves down or loosely pulled back. that i find really cute.

when it comes to sophistication, i am in love with high waisted pencil skirts and a crisp shirt. or maybe even a silk shirt, as long as it has shape. i'll be back with some pics :wink:

I have recently gotten into the sophisticated sexy look. Being in highschool I am surrounded by the teen version of "sexy". :doh: The other day, my friend wore tight low rise jeans, and a tiny tight top with huge hoop earrings, plus glitter eyeliner. I wore a high waisted pink pinstriped pencil skirt, a crisp white button up shirt and light pink pumps. My hair was down in soft waves and my only make up was mascara and cream blush.

I had some people tell me I looked sexy, but classy, not trashy. Yay. I felt like such a grown up. :smile:

As for preppy, I just bought a sleevless pink argyle sweater.

I love tweed. :heart:

Oh, and Lovespell, your outfit sounds really nice. :flower: Bravo for not falling prey to vulgar "teen sexy."

i think cardigans are gonna be great...i think a cardigan with a full skirt speaks grease all over...and i'm obsessed wiv lil neck tiees, or a ribbon round the neck and high ponytails.i've been a fan of preppy for a while, but i think it's on it's way to because it's mod all the way now.

When it comes to preppy, I love Lacoste polos with knee lengt jean skirts or pale pleated jean skirt!

Tommy Hilfiger is my "inspiration" for preppy. Their latest preppy campaign was beyond hot!

I admit that I've grown acustomed to the preppy look. To me, there are a few ways that you can come across as preppy...

Low-rise jeans, a white collar shirt w/ vest, oxfords or any type of boot w/ a heel

polo shirt w/ low-rise khakis, belt

I, too, like to sex up the preppy look. I'm in college, but love to have some fun - smoky eyes w/ a preppy outfit will do it for me, or maybe half pigtails w/ an argyle sweater. The possibilities are endless!

I love preppy as long as it's not pushed too far (you know the preps that tend towards trashy). As long as you keep it looking really clean, I really like this style.

Well, it's actually my style.... :innocent: (well most of the time)

yeah, i agree with Elle Gramour, i like to make the 'preppy' look for sexy, basically mixing and matching..because preppy alone is too..boring for my taste.

I still love my Bermuda bag, I have almost twenty covers for it! Oh yeah- I do like script monograms! :flower:

I am extremely preppy and one of my favorite preppy pieces is polo's!! I also looove Ralph Lauren clothes ( @ least most of them!). A look that was in June/July Teen Vogue (America) was a white Lacoste Polo, with an A-line ruffly, short, flirty skirt, pearl necklaces, chanel logo earrings (studs), and a Louis Vuitton bucket bag. It was sooo cuute! I also love tweed or boucle jackets!

Lovespell, your outfit sounds perfect! I too have to deal with the overtly sexy-teen look daily - I like to leave a little to the imagination.

I'm a little on the obsessed side of the whole neo-preppy thing. I love to balance the country-club look with more feminine, trendy pieces. Skinny polo with ruffled skirt. Button down (sleeves rolled up) oxford with pencil skirt. Shrunken cardigan with frayed denim mini. I live for pearls, little jackets, argyle, and anything RL.

I really like the Clueless preppy look-toned down obviously. I have a pair of cute silver ballet pumps that look cool with pleated minis. My friend sometimes wears a fitted white shirt with a black long-sleeved v-neck on top around uni with jeans, and i do it with a mini and the flats. :wink:

:heart: the guy and girl in the front :flower: so pretty
:lol: guess i'm not into blondes

post-8-1076423483.jpg

i love sweaters around the neck!
i think it's preppiness at its best....

i wore a turquoise and fuschia striped oxford shirt with a bright green v-neck sweater over it with the collar and cuffs out.

is that preppy/sophisticated?

I adore a lot of the preppy styles, whenever I know I need to look really pulled together and classy, I go with my standby, light cardigan, pencil skirt, ballet style flats, some really classic looking bangles, and a really interesting vintage handbag, to make it my own, I've found that preppy classics and intersting vintage is a show stopping combination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Riska21
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->