Jessica Simpson wants to adopt

If this shouldn't be here then I won't feel offended if it's moved. Or deleted. :lol:

credit: yahoo.com

Jessica Pulling an Angelina?

Wed Mar 29, 5:37 PM ET

The idea of being a mother is proving to be irresistible for Jessica Simpson.

Reps for the soon-to-be divorcee confirmed that the 25-year-old has babies on the brain and is looking into the adoption process and also mulling plans to fund her own orphanage.

"Jessica and her family have anonymously contributed money to [Mexican] orphanages for several years," Rob Shuter, Simpson's publicist, told E! News. "It is true that Jessica is exploring options to further help these children in need."

But whether those options include taking the steps to become a single mother or simply starting her own orphanage in Mexico is yet to be seen.

"I want to adopt, and I plan to adopt before I have my own kids," Simpson told Extra.

The former Newlywed star also told the syndicated show that she draws inspiration from another famous mama.

"I think Angelina Jolie has done amazing, amazing things, and the international adoption rate just since her has skyrocketed," Simpson said. "It's unbelievable."

Simpson first began visiting Mexican orphanages with a Texas church group when she was just 11 and, as the legend goes, asked her parents if she could adopt a child while still in high school. Needless to say, papa Joe nixed the idea.

Quoting an unnamed "pal" of the "With You" songbird, In Touch reported Simpson has been thinking about adoption since her 1999 visit to the Casa Hogar Elim orphanage in Nuevo Laredo, Mexico, and has since visited several similar facilities south of the border.

Still Shuter is quick to point out that no plans have been finalized, so it might be a bit longer before Ashlee becomes an aunt.

In the meantime, the Dukes of Hazzard actress is keeping plenty busy.

Earlier this month, the singer traveled to Washington, D.C., to lobby members of Congress--though not the president--on behalf of the children's advocacy group Operation Smile, for which Simpson has been an ambassador for several years. The group offers surgery to children born with facial deformities in Third World countries.

Simpson is currently back on the New Mexico set of Employee of the Month, a big-screen comedy costarring Dane Cook and Dax Shepard. The film is due to be released this year--but not before Simpson starts production on another project.

She recently signed on to star in Major Movie Star as an actress who hits rock bottom and enlists in the Marines.

eurofashionjunki said:
...Why don't she get another dog?

Dogs are out. Ferrets are out. Exotic monkeys and bears are out. Adopting is in.

fashionista-ta said:
...Wilmer certainly does need some guidance, but I rather doubt that Jessica can provide it ...

I retract my suggestion, it was an ill-conceived idea based on my idea that they deserve each other. I definitely do not want to read his review of "what Jessica is like in bed" :doh:

oanadobre said:
On the bright side, the kid could teach her one or two things about common sense and general knowledge... The baby is bound to have a higher IQ than her...

True, I'm sure my little brother could've explained Chicken of the Sea to her at 15 months :D I can just see it, Jessica would be the one saying "Why??" every 3 minutes and the kid would have to come up with another answer :lol:

fashionista-ta said:
True, I'm sure my little brother could've explained Chicken of the Sea to her at 15 months :D I can just see it, Jessica would be the one saying "Why??" every 3 minutes and the kid would have to come up with another answer :lol:

At least the poor child would be able to turn his/her life into a sitcom in 10 or 20 years :innocent::lol:

*Princesse* said:
At least the poor child would be able to turn his/her life into a sitcom in 10 or 20 years :innocent::lol:

I myself predict a drama...

The 25-year-old singer-actress, who filed for divorce from Nick Lachey last December, recently told TV's Extra: "I want to adopt, and I plan to adopt before I have my own kids.

it's probably just me but I find some of the things she says...sort of..offensive. I think she will be one of those people who introduces their children as "this is anna my adopted daughter", "this is kim my real daughter".

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I am also offended as it seems she wants to practice on being a mother on adopted children before being a real mother to her own. Does anybody feel the same way?

Don't worry folks, Jessica will not adopt a child until Louis Vuitton makes baby carriages....:rolleyes:

eurofashionjunki said:
I guess it is better than staying in an orphanage, but will Jessica parade around like Angelina? I'm sorry, but I feel that a child needs a mother and a father who are not celebrities so they can lead a normal life. Why don't she get another dog?

she's selfish and it's ridiculous!:angry:

Gosh, she is so *** backwards. :wacko: Gets divorced to be on her own and be carefree....tell ya what, when she adopts, if she does, she is going to be sacrificing a whole lot more than when she was married.

^ We don't know the true story about why they divorced. I have a feeling though that Nick doesn't really know how to commit and was getting restless...

Clearly she won't go through with it when she realises that you can't tote a baby around in a Louis Vuitton handbag B)

eightyeightkeys said:
Yay! Angelina adopted, let's all adopt now! Our children aren't actually people anymore, but instead they are props... Yay!

hahaha, karma! :lol:

eurofashionjunki said:
^ We don't know the true story about why they divorced. I have a feeling though that Nick doesn't really know how to commit and was getting restless...

Personally I don't think either one of them wanted to commit after awhile but that's another topic. And we don't know how true this one is either even if her publicist confirmed it. I guess we'll see, right? ^_^

bmini said:
Don't worry folks, Jessica will not adopt a child until Louis Vuitton makes baby carriages....:rolleyes:

I was just reading that they will custom-make anything you want (for a price) ... :wink:

She only wants this child to fill an empty void in her life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yohjiyamamotor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->