Jimmy Choo Handbags

I really like them! They kinda look like the Luella bag, but i think these are a bit more sophisticated and chic. Luella's Gisele bag is actually more punk and young. :heart: the green origami bag!

I. love Jimmy Choo choos, but not the bags, I really can't explain why either?

My problem with Jimmy Choo bags is not that they arent nice, but that they ar so prefab. It was such a marketers and not a designers decision. They saw what Marc Jacobs was doing with hardware, what luella was doing with "bondage", and reinturpreted it. I don't like who I see wearing them. It is always either wanna-be socialites or tacky, loud mouth slightly fat 55 year old women screaming to their husbands on the phone about how much their son's bar mitvah is going to cost.

Originally posted by MJCouture@Jul 24 2004, 06:38 PM
I don't like who I see wearing them. It is always either wanna-be socialites or tacky, loud mouth slightly fat 55 year old women screaming to their husbands on the phone about how much their son's bar mitvah is going to cost.
[snapback]315308[/snapback]​

ROFL! :shock: :dizzy:

I find the jimmy choo bags frightfully unattractive, so flat and dull imo.

I agree that Jimmy Choo should leave the bags alone, although i do like a few of them, they are simply over priced for what they are..... similar to Luella :wink:

Originally posted by MJCouture@Jul 24 2004, 01:38 PM
My problem with Jimmy Choo bags is not that they arent nice, but that they ar so prefab. It was such a marketers and not a designers decision. They saw what Marc Jacobs was doing with hardware, what luella was doing with "bondage", and reinturpreted it. I don't like who I see wearing them. It is always either wanna-be socialites or tacky, loud mouth slightly fat 55 year old women screaming to their husbands on the phone about how much their son's bar mitvah is going to cost.
[snapback]315308[/snapback]​

you are so cruel, i love it!

:dizzy: :rofl: :clap:

i was kind of worried about coming into this particular topic to say that i can't stand the bags. i do feel better now knowing that i am not alone in this. i just find them really unattractive.

Jimmy Choo shoes are sexy aren't they? The bags are too complicated I think, too much detail maybe, they're not sexy.

Jimmy Choo does make a little clutch which is very cute, with ruched leather and a wooden handle, it's nicer than the tulitas. The tulitas are very well stitched, with good leathers, and sturdy components, but the over all result is not sexy! The colours are nice, though.

I think they should have gone for something more sleek and simple.

:wink:

Originally posted by Craig@Aug 4 2004, 01:51 PM
Jimmy Choo shoes are sexy aren't they? The bags are too complicated I think, too much detail maybe, they're not sexy.

Jimmy Choo does make a little clutch which is very cute, with ruched leather and a wooden handle, it's nicer than the tulitas. The tulitas are very well stitched, with good leathers, and sturdy components, but the over all result is not sexy! The colours are nice, though.

I think they should have gone for something more sleek and simple.

:wink:
[snapback]321507[/snapback]​

you know what? you are so right. their shoes have a sleek and simple look to them and i truly think the bags would be even more popular if they imitated the shoes a bit in order to get the same feel. B) very cool of you to bring that to our attention!!! :flower:

A lot of bags for the coming a/w season are little clutches with jewels as in the Dolce & Gabbana, and this nice shape from Fendi. Maybe Jimmy Choo will go for something with sleek little straps and stones.

I do like some of the tulitas, but I think they're more Dior or Gucci than Jimmy Choo.

This Fendi is quite cool, Fendi are constantly coming up with new designs, I would love to work for Fendi! :heart:

Attachments

• Fendi_bag.jpg
    Fendi_bag.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 16
Jimmy Choo bags are so tired! Wayyy too expensive for the style; they look like any bag you could buy off a generic label. It'd be nice if they'd use lush fabrics with leather instead of ugly hardware but something tells me they won't catch on to that.

Stick to shoes, Jimmy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cstmbres
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->