John Galliano - Designer, Creative Director of Maison Margiela

It is in black and white, so look up images to get an idea of the looks in colour (although it is mostly white and gold so it's easy to figure out).

Thank you! :wink: I have been waiting since January 1997 (when it was shown) to watch the whole collection.

bloomsbury fashion archive, yoox net-a-porter and probably showstudio have access to all the shows in HD. and LVMH lol
Any advice on how to access Bloomsbury Fashion Central?

I've inquired about an individual subscription, and they don't do them. They're only accessible through an institution.

I was imagining Galliano back at Dior...back to all the pressure and stress again:

A100CGPa1lL._CLa_2140,2000_51mDvlxzdtL.png_0,0,2140,2000+0.0,0.0,2140.0,2000.0_AC_UY580_.jpg
amazon

Any advice on how to access Bloomsbury Fashion Central?

I've inquired about an individual subscription, and they don't do them. They're only accessible through an institution.
Best way is to contact Videopolis.

The problem is that most of those companies will only provide footages to professionals. You won’t get access to archives videos like that just for your personal entertainment…

I feel there’s a need for romanticism and grandeur in fashion. Even for the younger generations… The Phoebe era is on its last legs.

Sure, and after you already dismissed most of the experienced designers who are now in their mid-fourties, you seem to suggest that a new guard of designers, fresh from uni or their first gigs assisting at either of the big luxury maisons are qualified to deliver romantism and grandeur - Well, look no further than the guy at Nina Ricci what you‘re getting from an inexperienced designer with an atelier at his disposal.

Sure, and after you already dismissed most of the experienced designers who are now in their mid-fourties, you seem to suggest that a new guard of designers, fresh from uni or their first gigs assisting at either of the big luxury maisons are qualified to deliver romantism and grandeur - Well, look no further than the guy at Nina Ricci what you‘re getting from an inexperienced designer with an atelier at his disposal.
get him!!!!!

tumblr_nciw1uTerm1seznd4o2_500.gif

Lmao, don’t be ridiculous 🤣 You think the only fashion designers alive are the very famous ones or the ones that just graduated? Fashion is a huge industry with many talented people inside.

In fact, all of those designers were also young once and looking for an opportunity after graduating.

Fashion people act sometimes like poorly-informed hooligans.

McQueen was like 27 when he started at Givenchy, Theyskens like 26 when he did Rochas, Tisci like 30 when he did Givenchy, Nicolas 25 when he was hired at Balenciaga…

No designer is relevant for more 10 years working at the highest level. It’s impossible. I’m sad for you guys, but those names from the 00s have nothing else to say anymore. The only ones that managed to last a bit more (KL aside) are Phoebe and Hedi, but those are exceptions. Not even Tom Ford (even if I adore him).

Also, fashion people, when they like somebody, they are so biased and blind. I could always be objetive with my fav ones (Nicolas, Lang, Tom, Elbaz, Phoebe, Hedi, Theyskens, Galliano, Pilati). I don’t get why people act like stans.

Last edited:
I didn’t read the whole thing so idk what’s going on but what about like Yohji, Armani, Rei, Junya, etc etc they’ve been working more than 10 years and even if they don’t have crazy stuff to say it’s still good lol. They’re established and still relevant to me 🤷🏻‍♂️

I didn’t read the whole thing so idk what’s going on but what about like Yohji, Armani, Rei, Junya, etc etc they’ve been working more than 10 years and even if they don’t have crazy stuff to say it’s still good lol. They’re established and still relevant to me 🤷🏻‍♂️
Those have their own brands, it’s completely different. Armani is not relevant and doesn’t need to be, Ralph the same. They are working for their own companies.

Nobody will say Armani is relevant in 2024. He has not actually been relevant like from the end of the 90s. But he has a company and a style. He doesn’t need to care about LVMH managers and much less to be cool to be a hit in the boutiques and in press (which, btw, in his case don’t work very well). It’s a complete different thing.

lmao if jonathan anderson or daniel roseberry are the standard for being relevant in 2024 then i'd much rather live in my ivory tower like yohji, rei, galliano and never be relevant again. thanks but no f*cking thanks

Isn't timelessness and legend status better than fleeting relevancy? Idk.

Anyway, let's turn tFS into a business and start up a big old subscription service archive with a streaming platform and everything. Come on, where's our business girlies at? I want to see those shows lmao

Isn't timelessness and legend status better than fleeting relevancy? Idk.

Anyway, let's turn tFS into a business and start up a big old subscription service archive with a streaming platform and everything. Come on, where's our business girlies at? I want to see those shows lmao
I just want tfs to unite and beg vfiles owner to bring their old website back, it's still there but keeps redirecting to their f*cking foundation.

Lol, it’s crazy how the democratization of fashion arrived even to TFS. I miss when it was a bit more elitist. 🫣

Anyways, nobody is saying that being relevant is what a designer should aspire to. Phoebe is probably much less relevant now than when she was at Céline, but I’m sure she’s super happy creating her things and that she has clients that feel super happy in her clothes. Nevertheless, brands want designers that are relevant and fresh, simply because they want to make money. And that’s the reason why the designers mentioned above are unemployed atm, because they are not relevant anymore and fashion brands no longer want them. Sad but true.

And that’s the reason why the designers mentioned above are unemployed atm, because they are not relevant anymore and fashion brands no longer want them. Sad but true.

But in the particular case of John Galliano that is simply untrue, no? Especially this year. People talked about that show for weeks, they still do. We all do, look at us! Debating about this man for months and months on end. He will never not be relevant to the fashion conversation.

john galliano is probably the most relevant designer right now. probably even more so than jonathan anderson. if galliano went to givenchy tomorrow, it'd be the talk of the town every single season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aytac523
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->