Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis split? *Update* Confirmed by Rep

I used to think they were a magical couple :(

interestingly enough, I used to find Johnny irresistible but for 1 year or 2 he is kinda "off" and reaching this break-up I now realise that's maybe what happen
there was lot of light in him but now it's completely off
No speculation but if all the couple problems came from him, I would not be surprised

Shame really
God I remember interview of Vanessa talking about him, such a wonderful love story... :(

This is so surprising. I wonder who they both will date next?

Well, I know I'll sound terrible for saying this but I'm not that sad that they broke up. Vanessa's always seemed like the taker in the relationship, putting her career on hold and what not, even if she did it by choice.
Really great to see her make more public appearances these last couple of years. Johnny seems like someone who needs cajoling, maybe she had enough.

Sad, especially for the children.

It looks a little like a classic midlife crisis on Johnny's part, but looking from the outside one never knows...

I agree. That's what it looks to me at the moment. But like you said we are looking from the outside. I do not know whose fault it is, but in my view he's the one that gets out of this losing. I doubt he will find a woman as interesting as Vanessa.

PEOPLE was right after all. It will be weird when they will have new parners.

I agree. That's what it looks to me at the moment. But like you said we are looking from the outside. I do not know whose fault it is, but in my view he's the one that gets out of this losing. I doubt he will find a woman as interesting as Vanessa.

Agreed.

Also with Larek, that his appeal has been lost on me. I hope it is just a midlife crisis and not another celebrity breakdown, I know he's always been "out there" but he seems extra strange lately to me.

I agree with you Larek, HeatherAnne and Les_Sucettes: Johnny used to be the cat's meow for me, and I still think he is a wonderful actor, but he looks a little "off" to me lately too, playing guitar with Manson, skulking out of a Wilson twin's apartment in the wee hours, taking his private jet -with a blonde co-star no less!- to Vegas. It's all a bit smarmy and/or desperate.

For me, there is nothing sexier than a lovely man who is committed to his family: like Brad Pitt, for example. :blush: I always thought the way Johnny talked about Vanessa was gah! incredible. That interview with him on the Actor's Studio was the pinnacle of my Johnny-crush.:heart: But in more recent years it's faded a bit. I just never imagined he could end up like some of the other Hollywood guys who flail around (sometimes from woman to woman), looking rather lost, and I hope he won't turn out that way.:(

His and Vanessa's children are at a very important and impressionable age, just 10 and 12, about to go through puberty. What a sad time for them to see their parents pulled apart. Maybe the move to L.A. was a big mistake as that Daily Mail article implies? But whatever it was that broke them apart, I have to agree that Vanessa was a catch, and in many ways, she made Johnny a better person. It was with her that he seemed to find a comfortable place, compared to earlier hotel-destroying days, etc. Alas...

We'll see what happens now. Just hope the kids get through alright.

Although I admire his acting, I have always been leery of him as a person since he destroyed a luxury hotel suite in 1994 and claimed it was caused by an armadillo who was hiding in the closet (a common problem in midtown Manhattan:unsure:) I guess Vanessa has calmed him down, but this is a strange guy...

:lol::rofl: Boomer, leave it to you to inject a nice jolt of humour into all of this; I had forgotten Johnny's excuse, though I remembered the hotel destruction. And of course he did hang out with Hunter S. Thompson a lot. :unsure::P

To me they seemed to be the unicorn of celebrity couples: one that actually loves each other and lasts.
I don't care about Johnny Depp but Vanessa Paradis was my favorite singer when I was a young girl and I kind of grew up with her. I could totally see her date a guy like Raphael Enthoven...and Johnny will probably start dating a VS model :lol:

She'll be OK. Looks like the separation happened months ago and when in Paris during the last Chanel show, Vanessa didn't look that depressed.

To me they seemed to be the unicorn of celebrity couples: one that actually loves each other and lasts.
I don't care about Johnny Depp but Vanessa Paradis was my favorite singer when I was a young girl and I kind of grew up with her. I could totally see her date a guy like Raphael Enthoven...and Johnny will probably start dating a VS model :lol:

I don't think so Johnny is not into big boobs.:P

What a cheesy dude, I hope she cheats on him with a girl. Amber is pretty but generic, downgrade!

I wouldn't believe the rumours about Amber Heard. I've been following her for a while now and IMO those rumors are just part of her new PR strategy to try to get more well-known in the medias.
In the TV news flash they were showing recent footage of Vanessa Paradis denying the rumors. She's quite a good liar :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Burke
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->