Junya Watanabe Man F/W 10.11 Paris

It' so civilized for Junya. I've never really seen the true effect of the recession on Watanabe but here it is. But I'm surprised because the collection isn't necessarily downhill from last season, but more like a different vision altogether.

mikejames, i like what you said it makes a heck of a lot of sense. junya's suits and sport are the new sharp dressed man.

Ah, I love the mix between sporty & tailored throughout the collection. Finally we see some jeans. Usually I don't like seeing sneakers worn with suits, but in this case here I like it.
Some of the outerwear is nice, but the blazers are fantastic.

pffffffffff all things here are already available in many stores !! there's nothing there !!!!! absolutely nothing special, even the materials are borring

i think this looks really really nice
can understand why people would find this to be boring but the most interesting part of jw menswear collections these days is the amazingly well done pattern cutting and fit.. it has to be seen in real life to fully get how wonderful it really is

Junya's menswear jackets are nothing short of remarkable in terms of functionality, detail and overall quality :heart:

I am never really a fan of the straightforward runway styling for his menswear, the hats and all; it is very disarming which is great on one hand, but on the other I think it just makes people who look quickly, just dismiss it as boring.

Personally, I feel he puts the same amount of effort into his menswear as his womens; both are slow, masterful progressions and expansions upon his distinct vision for each... he just pours the focus into a more functional aspect on his menswear, rather than the overtly visually creative aspect that he focuses on with his womenswear.

it seems safe, but will need to see it in person to decide whether it's worth the price or not

Last edited by a moderator:
This is right up my alley, especially the cuts on the pants.

Does anyone know the name of the red-haired bearded model? He's amazing.

I thought a few middle pieces were quite nice, towards the end was classic, but overall it was kinda boring. Nothing stood out of this collection.

Like Alberti and Vignola did with architecture, junya watanabe has built a "clothing" language through historical research.
He has done several seasonal experimental works, like propositive essays, where he has understood and twisted to their limits classic elements of clothing. He was being radical and extreme.
Afterwards, like a scientific he has classified and catalogued each interesting find, building the syntax and lexic of this new reworked language.
A few seasons back, he felt confident enough to start building phrases. He chose a certain vibe to serve as support structure, this brogues and hat look some people now hate. It's just his dream of an ideal man, the missing part, he does not like industrial music, nor insect males, he likes things classic and silent and extremely well done.
It's completely pointless to judge his work now from the "theme" part, we were use to see change each 6 months. All the nice things are still there, maybe too disguised for some.

I find his menswear line, extremely unique and very innovative, his tailored pieces are sometimes a work of underrated art, with jointed parts, different materials in stress points, he also has a serious take on undersized yet confortable clothing (he's a hell of pattern maker)

Some of his pants are incredible, with very unconventional patterns, JW is doing very innovative pieces nowadays. Again, you can tell how the seat is worked on those pics, but it's miles away from your regular slim pants.

His reversible parkas and blazers, which are quite silent for a runaway are the most amazing sportwear money can buy, only upon closer inspection. Junya makes clothes for those who loves clothes, not for runaways, nor for editorials.

i like this collection very much...
very elegant without being boring...

:heart:

Wonderful collection. It's really spot-on and 'of the moment' but not trendy or contrived in the slightest. The jackets are incredible as usual and the accessories are adorable. The silhouettes are simplistic yet effective and I like that the cropped trousers keep it all from being too serious and orderly. Sublime! :heart:

from united arrows

Attachments

• 10081909.jpg
    10081909.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 10081907.jpg
    10081907.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 10081908.jpg
    10081908.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 2
Great jacket, a shame with the fabric on the back.... without the added out of place fabric this jacket would have lasted many many seasons!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magfag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->