Junya Watanabe S/S 11 Paris

really nice!
The masks are a great idea. They make you concentrate more on the clothes actually.

The more I look at this, the more it speaks to me.. I love all the narrative behind every one of the looks, it's even in the smallest detail.. in the worn out effect of the clothes, the wrinkles, the knots, the proportions and unfinished traces that make for pieces that appear to have once meant to be something else but are being worn now because they're so old that time allows them to be just like that.. I don't know what the story is of course but I get the impression these are all ghosts that entered some abandoned house by the beach and took the 'skeleton' clothes from there.. even the hats look like an import from another era, and they're beautiful up close.

anyway..
details! :heart:

[style.it]

F2860497401706377_15.jpg

[style.it]

i agree with you all too! i think it's absolutely adorable and charming. a nice sort of shift for spring against the camo-heaviness of autumn.

mullet, OMG you are gifted with words and so descriptively put the emotion into context along with the detailed images. i knew this was something special when i first saw it but your detailed pictures really send chills through my spine. junya hasnt excited me this much since fall 06. to me, its akin to a seurat painting, replaced by sunday at the beach sipping absinthe.

Last edited by a moderator:
So op-art is in style :D I love love loooovee the rest of the collection!
So fun and different! <3

I can't help but adore the quirkiness and the femininity of every piece - just plain beautiful and perfect for Spring.
This is probably my favorite Junya S/S collection in a while. I need to get one of those cardigans... :heart::heart:

its sail me away to Neverland....its dreamy like childrens story but not over the top. LOVE.

:heart::buzz::heart::buzz::heart::buzz:WOW!! I LOVE THIS COLLECTION !!!

It is much easier to pay attention to the garments with the models' faces covered. :lol: I wish all shows would consider this technique.

Junya Watanabe- S/S 2011 - Preview/Full Edited Show

Last edited by a moderator:
Late to the "show"..but seeing everything in its entirety has blown me away!

This is everything I adore beautifully melded into one collection. It's perfect from start to finish. I tried to find a flaw but failed, several times. I want everythinggggggg! :heart:

i agree with everyone! this collection is so very fun and put a huge smile on my face.

all those masks and wigs don't distract away from the fact that these clothes remain quite ordinary.

We’ve seen stripes in different colors and size all over the runway this season, but Junya Watanabe had something different to offer with this summer-wise pattern. The collection is centered with stripes, obviously, but there’s quirkiness on Watanabe’s that’s different with another stripes I’ve seen these days. I know, it might look usual with that black-and-white stripes, but beneath those stripes, there’s airy, feminine and whimsical sensation revolting from the tailoring, and the fact its ultimately wearable is really good thing. Completed the nautical theme, there’s a lot of cute sailor prints on dress and skirts, also the wide range of cardigan, coat and trench which all of them looks so light and flowing beautifully.
I must admit the first thing I notice is the toxic colored wigs and mask around the models’ faces, make them looks so artificial like an animated doll, it’s a great way to give an injection of theatrical on supporting elements like hair and make up while it make us focused with the clothes instead of the models.
Overall, I love this collection. While Burberry take naval inspiration with its military aspect, Watanabe-San take it in dreamy approach, like it comes from children story about sailor, thus make me sailed away back to Neverland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->