Junya Watanabe S/S 1997 Paris

The back shots are everything! first time I can zoom into some of these details, some of the simpler pieces with the fine lines that almost look like slits remind me of Lucio Fontana (like this dress 🌕). Wonder if he was inspired by his work (can't find a review on this!). I think some of the looks with the long dresses are missing here, there's an all-black look similar to this.

The sleeves on this top are soo gorgeous.. hope it finds its way into my hands at some point in the future!

Thank you so much, Maayan! weird I didn't get the notification for your tag yesterday, I'm really only here because I'm stalking you! 🤣

Something so beautifully Victorian and Edwardian about this, even a touch of the Renaissance with those straight cut bustlines and pintucking to look like panelled stays/corsets. I see frock coats, pigeon fronted blouses, odes to the pagoda and juliet sleeves with sweeping Belle Epoque-ian jackets and skirts with the huge wigs as head wear. The makeup then has them all looking so regal and still, like still life Dutch paintings and portraits.

This is fantastic, so modern and yet so extravagant in its references but doesn't feel stuffy. Amazing colours too, oh my god it's just so gorgeous I'm in love. Thank you @Maayan 😍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->