Kate Winslet splits from her husband who cheated with Rebecca Hall?

ILucas

Reaction score
British actress Kate Winslet splits from husband

AP – FILE - In this Feb. 22, 2009 file photo, British actress Kate Winslet and her husband, director Sam Mendes …

By RAPHAEL G. SATTER, Associated Press Writers Raphael G. Satter, Associated Press Writers – 1 min ago
LONDON – Oscar-winning actress Kate Winslet has split from her film director husband Sam Mendes, a British law firm said Monday.
The 34-year-old star separated from Mendes at an unspecified point earlier this year, Shillings law firm said. It wasn't clear whether divorce proceedings have begun. The pair have been married since 2003 and have two children.
In a statement e-mailed to journalists, the law firm said the split was "entirely amicable and is by mutual agreement."
"Both parties are fully committed to the future joint parenting of their children," the statement said.
A call and an e-mail seeking further comment were not immediately returned.
Winslet won the Academy Award for best actress for her dramatic role in "The Reader" in 2009. It was the first Oscar win for Winslet, who had been nominated five other times for her roles in "Titanic," "Sense and Sensibility," "Iris," "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" and "Little Children."
Mendes, an acclaimed stage and film director, won the coveted best director Oscar for "American Beauty."
He directed his wife in "Revolutionary Road," a recent film about a crumbling marriage that reunited Winslet with her "Titanic" co-star Leonardo DiCaprio.
Reviews were largely favorable, but the film failed to set off the same box office fever that made "Titanic" one of the most successful films in history.
In "Revolutionary Road," Winslet portrayed a suburban housewife who became increasingly bored and desperate with her stay-at-home life. The film won Winslet a Golden Globe for best dramatic actress, and in her acceptance speech she thanked her husband for pushing her so hard.
"Thank you for directing this film, babe, and thank you for killing us every single day and really enjoying us actually being in such horrific pain," she said last year.
Mendes said at the time that directing his wife had been one of the best experiences of his life, although he said she liked to discuss the movie 24 hours a day while he preferred to do something else, like watch a baseball game, at night when work was done.
___
Associated Press Writer Gregory Katz contributed to this report.

news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100315/ap_en_ot/eu_britain_people_kate_winslet

:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Really?That is so sad.....:(I always thought that had a really good and healthy relationship.

She keeps her private life guarded well, so I can't say I'm surprised or not either way. All I know is that last award's season there was an item on LaineyGossip about her marriage being on thin ice.

what!?:shock::cry:

I hope the decision really was mutual and everything works out well for the kids

She keeps her private life guarded well, so I can't say I'm surprised or not either way. All I know is that last award's season there was an item on LaineyGossip about her marriage being on thin ice.
really? a BI or? don't remember it. :huh:

No, it was a normal article around the time that she won the double golden globes.

No, it was a normal article around the time that she won the double golden globes.
oooh. either way, unexpected, then again she's so private...:cry:

interestingly, lainey just posted an article about it:
Julia Roberts and Benjamin Bratt broke up. Halle Berry and Eric Benet same. Hilary Swank and Chad Lowe. Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillippe.

Now Kate Winslet and Sam Mendes.

Coincidence or a curse? The Best Actresses and their relationship woes.

Just announced today – Winslet and Mendes are over. They say it’s amicable. Well… this changes everything.

Kate has not worked since winning her Oscar. She was at home with her kids, with her husband. And still they weren’t able to make it stick. Obviously this couldn’t have happened overnight. It’s probably been a while, and they were able to control the story on their own timing.

So she’s been single for some time. And that brings us back to all the speculation about her face. Many of you say Botox and more. I was insisting it was makeup. But here’s a woman, on the eve of her second divorce, in her early 30s, with two children, and looking for love again. All of a sudden, you are looking “righter” than me. But I really, really don’t want to see her that way.

And now it’s all for all those inevitable Leonardo DiCaprio connections to emerge from the rumour pond. Will the Titanic Ballad of Jack & Rose become a “Robsten” reality?

By the way, Kate is currently in Mexico with her children – photos are here. Strategically timed holiday to get away from the tabloid rush.

laineygossip

Oh god, I sound like such an *** but the first thing that came to mind was "Now Leo and Kate can hook up"

All jokes aside, I feel awful for her kids!

there was a BI in october :(:

From October 11th 2009:

"What Oscar-winning actress and her Oscar-winning husband are said to be close to splitting? She's telling friends, "We've grown apart."

Wow! Susan Sarandon/ Tim Robbins first, and now this...I didn´t see this coming either...

Too bad, they looked so good together...

I thought those two went well together, a sort of luvvie supercouple.

Years from now, I wonder if Kate is going to end up as a old Hollywood legend, with numerous iconic roles to her name - and five marriages, all of them marking a certain stage in her life. And all of them entered into with the best of intentions.

What are couples suppose to do on the red carpet but not smile and look happy. Marriages don't end over night. It takes years to dissolve especially when you have kids.

And I just watched The Reader yesterday... It's saddening but I guess it happens sometimes. Putting the children first was best thing they could have done in this type of situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nocknock
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->