Knee/Thigh High Socks

I just bought a few pairs of knee highs and over the knees socks. What's the best way to wear them without making thighs look chunky? Would wearing a skirt that hits a few inches above the knee + over the knee highs work?

I just received some black over-the-knee socks i ordered today in the mail - I've decided they look fantastic with my grey pleated mini skirt and black-and-white striped knit hoodie. Very parisian! I just don't know what shoes to wear with them yet.

So I bought some red robin ones for the bargain price of $10 at David Jones, and wore them with a floral mini dress and grey high heeled mary-janes. And I fear I looked tragic. :(

120407_gg10_300x400.jpg

011.jpg

youknowyouloveme.org

They look good on Serena. I think i like it more when they are over knees. But I guess it depends on rest of the outfit.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think this is the hottest look on chicks. really. i used to think it was kind of skankalicious, but now i think its suppppppper sexy.

OMG those Gossip Girls looks are like a cheap imitation of Clueless.

I've been a lot unsure about the very notion of knee-high socks because I always regard stockings and tights as opposed to these such socks. The thing I tend to forget is that knee-high socks doesn't mean regular white socks usually worn with sneakers and stuff. I even think of socks usually worn to formal functions like church. I must say now... a cute look would be white opaque knee-high socks with school girl mary janes. Even better if paired with a short pleated skirt and some kind of cute top look. I'm not sure about if these socks would be good to wear when it gets hot. I do believe these socks can be fun to wear if you don't like wearing stockings or tights.

I would probably stick to more modest socks with minimal designs on them if I were a femme. Black and white are essential colors. More dressy and colorful types would probably go with hot pink, red, blue, purple, or any color that isn't monochromatic. These would be fun to wear with dressy pumps and dressy sandals. I'd probably avoid open-toe or peep-toe pumps if wearing these. I've seen black peep-toe pumps paired with black stockings and don't really think they go together. I think open-toe and peep-toe shoes are for providing a peek at your feet. What do you have to hide with these kinds of shoes? As much as I think they are cute, I wouldn't wear ballet flats with these either. Flip-flops would be definite avoids for these socks. However, there are those who love flip-flops so much that they'd rather wear flip-flops with warm socks.

I just really came to my senses about knee-high socks and begun to appreciate the look a bit more. Thanks for reading! Keep sporting those knee-high socks with all of your favorite shoes and sandals!

Ohh I love knee high socks and enjoy wearing them now and then.

i think over the knee socks make your legs look less stumpy as opposed to knee high socks.

where do i find over the knee socks that arent say... prada or anything else a bit too extravagant for socks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoellFan1997
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->