Living On The Edge (UK version of Laguna Beach?)

indian_rose

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I think people from the UK may be more aware of this tv show which starts this sunday on MTV1.

Basically its the UK version of Laguna Beach! I know it sounds abit crazy!

I found these articles about it:

Edge5.jpg

NEW Cheshire Set drama - Living on the Edge - starts on TV this weekend. But this time it's the real-life dramas of a group of Cheshire teens that has caught the attention of programme makers.
Of course, the fictional version of life in the "Golden Triangle" of villages in East Cheshire, where millionaires, footballers and celebrities happily reside - Channel 4's Goldplated - was a bit of a disaster.
It wasn't true to life enough to inspire the residents of the area to keep watching, nor was it overblown enough to entice in the rest of the viewing public.
So Lime Productions, the people behind glam teen drama Hollyoaks, must be hoing for better luck with the real thing.
They've picked a group of ten friends from Alderley Edge, Wilmslow and Bramhall to follow around while the cameras roll over the summer as they go about their everyday lives. Except, of course, everyday for these fortunate youths means pampering trips to beauty salons, extended breaks in the millionaire playground of Marbella, and designer shopping trips.
I caught up with a coupl e of the youngsters taking part in the show as they finished filming in Manchester city centre last week - Esme Conway and Stephen Beard.
Edge2.jpg

They seemed likeable and down-to-earth and their on-screen banter was pretty amusing stuff - including a scene where Stephen produced a pair of garish knickers,which he had assumed were Esme's - much to her disgust!
When I quizzed them after filming, they were quick to downplay their well-to-do connections, and said they were "just like any other teens". I hope that's how the production company will be playing it, although it's pretty obvious to me that they've been specifically chosen for this reality show exactly because of those wealthy backgrounds. The show, which starts airing on MTV from this Sunday night, is being billed "La Lifestyle, Cheshire Postcode", and is hoping to be as successful as Stateside docu-drama Laguna Beach - which follows the lives and loves of rich kids in LA.
Edge4.jpg

Young Esme, 17, from Bramhall, who will narrate the action, tells me she's not too worried about the reaction from the show.
She says: "We're all good role models. We're all educated, but we're having lots of fun too.
"We're from fortunate backgrounds, but we all have the same problems as every other teenager out there.
"Are people going to judge me? I don't know, but I really do believe that God would not have let me do this if it was not the right thing to do. I really believe that."
I'll definitely be watching the show on Sunday night, and I just hope these kids get a fair treatment from the film-makers.

Source:http://blogs.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/bourne/2007/10/edge_of_reason.html

living_on_the_edge_pool_sho.jpg

Get ready to watch teens Living On The Edge...

Set against the glamorous backdrop of Alderley Edge – where country piles, fast cars and designer wardrobes are the norm – Living On The Edge follows the lives and loves of 10 glamorous and beautiful teens living in the lap of luxury.
In an area that boasts more millionaires per square mile than anywhere else in the UK lives a group of savvy school leavers who are more than your average heir-heads.
Visits to top beauty salons, holidays in Marbella and no-expense-spared birthday bashes are common daily practice for these extraordinary teens, yet scratch beneath the glossy exterior and you'll find the same, very real, trials and tribulations of 18 year olds everywhere - as they deal with every-day insecurities, rivalries, exam pressures and dating dramas.

Source: mtv.co.uk

The first episode is actually available to watch on the mtv website

Looks like a bunch of people trying to become famous.

Has anyone else seen this yet?

The girls wear so much make-up:yuk: and what's with the messy hair??

It's so bad...i watched about 5 minutes of it and i just couldn't take anymore!!

^ You can watch it on mtv.co.uk/overdrive. I can't because I'm outside of the UK. :(

Marbella is so over rated :rolleyes::lol:

I wish I could watch I'm a sucker for trashy shows like that :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->