Loose T-Shirts

fashion1001

Reaction score
Remember the time when every girl walking down the street was wearing a squeezer T-Shirt that exposed every inch of back fat between her jeans and her shirt????

Sillouettes are becoming longer and looser on top. It started during the boho chic craze, even with those who wern't boho...(in fact it really started in the 80's and went out in the 90's). This is also naturally causing a revolution in the world of T-Shirts. Is the shorter tighter T becoming passe with this new revolution? Yes. Young fashionistas are now looking to longer and looser top sillouettes with more organic shapes. Girls are wanting longer looser T's and Tanks to wear over their pants and leggings. However, the marketplace is still pretty saturated with last season's trendy but soon passe world of short tight T's. There is a demand....How many girls do you know that wear American Apparel's "Chemise" (meant to be a nightgown) as a tank top??? A lot. How many times have you suddenly heard the names Mark and Estel this past year?? (The two designers known for selling oversized t-shirts on their raw website www.markandestel.com) Like...where did they suddenly come from???

There is a demand for longer looser T-Shirts...and I have to say, I'm not going to miss the squeezers at all!!!

Pictures:
www.markandestel.com - Mark and Estel's "Long Loose Tank/Dress"
www.americanapparel.com - American Apparel's "Chemise"
www.wwd.com - Mary Ping's cotton "T-Shirt Dress"
WWD_Inside_copy-241x326.jpg
Green_Image-93x210.jpg

6364_01.jpg

WWD_Front_copy-222x330.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, i've noticed this too. i love the sillouette of a loose top and skinny jeans. if this means we'll be seeing fewer muffin-tops then i'm all for it :wink:

As a huge fan of the muffin top, this is one trend I will *never* follow... (and believe you me, I follow most trends)

:ninja:

seems like a logical progression derived from the japanese aesthetic. we're about 7-10 years behind them... but hey (warning, cliche approaching), better late than never.

loose top, tight pants, killer shoes. i like it, and i think it can be worn attractively by a good percentage of the population.

when your jeans on the waist is so tight and fat rolls over the edges....ewww
just like when you bake muffins and the biggest overflow is on the top.

Im wearing a loose tshirt and really tight pants right now.. how odd

Rofl, I can't stop laughing, what makes it even funnier is that the one girl I had to think about, just came online and she almost never comes online.

sounds lovely with looser fit.. ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the long and looser fit a lot better. It looks a lot classier than short and tight shirts.

sleazie ninja said:
As a huge fan of the muffin top, this is one trend I will *never* follow... (and believe you me, I follow most trends)

:ninja:

I seriously hope you're messin'. :huh:

I like this trend, but I think it's something only thin girls can pull off. Put a curvy girl in a tent-like top like that white one in the first post, and it's a disaster.

it's a trend now, I've been wearing loose shirts forever. My sister sometimes criticizes me for looking pregnant :lol:.
I never understood the 'tight' look, it's unflattering and if it's unattractive why is it so common? :blink: I find that straight jeans with a nice, loosen top always looks great (well on me :ermm: )

eh i hate it when things become trends.

but atleaste this is a good one

I like the longer, baggy t-shirts a lot. I've never been a fan of short, tight, unflattering tees.

Kate

Gleam said:
I like this trend, but I think it's something only thin girls can pull off. Put a curvy girl in a tent-like top like that white one in the first post, and it's a disaster.

Totally agree.

The loose top has been in style for a pretty long time now (I live in New York) and everyone has rocked it through and through. Forever 21 made a fortune out of selling them. The thing is, if you have huge boobs, it doesn't look quite as nice as it does on a girl with a petite chest.

It really is a flattering look though.

The one from American Apparel looks pretty bad though. Never been a fan of their stuff. And the pictures they take are so unappealing. I think they're trying to make it so that their models don't seem all that otherwordly and different from the average person but come on, I'm pretty sure they can take better pictures than that. They really have to start making their models wear bras.

I started wearing loose tops and t-shirts last winter when I was inspired by MK Olsen's bobo look.

I still love them. I don't think I can go back to the skinthight look any time soon..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcad1947
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->