Louis Vuitton appoints Kim Jones as menswear Style Director

honeycombchild

Reaction score
British designer Kim Jones has been named the new style director of Louis Vuitton’s men’s ready-to-wear division, replacing Paul Helbers who held the position for five years. The news came this morning in the form of a tweet from Jones’s official Twitter account. Having been named “Menswear Designer of the Year” by the British Fashion Council back in 2006, Jones has since served as creative director for Alfred Dunhill menswear and accessories divisions and has also designed apparel and footwear in an ongoing collaboration with sportswear label Umbro. In his new role at Vuitton, Jones will be working closely with Marc Jacobs, who currently serves as the artistic director for the luxury label.
FashionSnap

Last edited by a moderator:
Things really are getting switched up at LVMH.
Interesting.

yeah well, let's see it. i've never been a huge fan vuitton men, even if last collection was kinda good.

And now the floodgates have been opened .. why do I think this is just the start of the designers musical chairs game?

And now the floodgates have been opened .. why do I think this is just the start of the designers musical chairs game?

I agree, there's going to be a lot of shifting this entire year I believe. I can feel it ^^

Love what Kim was able to do for Umbro and for Dunhill. Looking forward to his design philosophy being put to work at the Vuitton camp. I will have to say that I am a little disappointed that I am not in the income bracket to support him at LV.

one wonders why they exited paul helbers.

Yeah, just when I thought I could actually buy and wear LV menswear (I loved the last Fall collection they showed). But I heard rumors that he was really unpleasant to work with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikkitas46
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->