Reaction score
Designer: Nicolas Ghesquière
Photographer: David Sims
Stylist: Marie-Amélie Sauvé
Hair Stylist: Duffy
Make-up Artist: Lucia Pieroni

louisvuitton.com

Maybe a cyberpunk setup could highlight this futuristic design in a better way

I like her, she is naturally an NG woman. She embodies his clothes so well without ever feeling forced.

That being said, this campaign is a letdown.
Most of the time the campaigns never live up to the clothes.
Why not shoot on location in that stunning venue of the Salk Institute?
Why continue to waste David Sims on these boring studio shoots?
I wish Nicolas would put more effort into his campaign.

Another missed opportunity.

It's always so heavy. The silver, the leather, the chains, the vast structure of it all - it feels like suffocation although Jennifer carries it well.

The campaign is rather boring but I don't hate it. If only Meisel would get promoted from Handbags to main line, he used to shoot good campaigns for Balenciaga under Nicolas.

The clothes are hideous. Not even her blank beauty can save them, or the underwhelming photography of David Sims.

If only Meisel would get promoted from Handbags to main line, he used to shoot good campaigns for Balenciaga under Nicolas.

Was gonna say that this campaign reminds me a little bit of his campaign for Balenciaga's F/W 2010 collection, albeit glossier and more generic.

One thing about Nicolas is that he is like Karl, used to give us great collections one fabulous sets and then the most random campaigns ever…
It reminds me so much of the Balenciaga FW2007 campaign. Huge hit! A great anticipation for one of the most random campaign ever.

I don’t like it at all. The best thing about it is seeing Jennifer because she incarnate the Ghesquiere woman in all it glory but I wish she was photographed by Meisel.

The clothes are so ugly. Maybe Tilda Swinton or Debra Shaw or Kirsten Owen might have made them look passable.

Why did they not photograph this at the setting of the show: The Salk Institute? These sets that they build always end up looking so pretentious and cheap. Why is she standing amongst solar panels inside a studio? Bizarre.

Is this the first proper Cruise campaign under Ghesquiere? Before they usually featured very light of clothes from cruise collections in the bag line campaigns in December/January time period.

The only celebrity who can carry Nicolas's design is her. PERIOD!

I don't know why everybody hate this but personally I love all the clothes presented here, Jennifer is perfectly embodying the line and NG's touch at Vuitton: GREAT team for sure.
And I love love love the video + the set is also interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CREATIVERESEARCH
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->