Marc Jacobs/Marc by Marc Resort 2006

the first look is very nice.
the rest...such as the aunt eunice shoes on the girl with the black dress are a sad shame. Maybe he thinks sofia coppola would look good that way...but he needs a new muse.
I hate that last pastel tiered skirt.
I dont even know how all of these looks go into the same collection.

For Marc by Marc it looks like he took all the trendiest trends and piled them into two outfits -- ruffle skirts, bermudas, long necklaces, eh.

If these were the only things I saw by Marc Jacobs, I would get a very bad impression... you're telling me that this is the best they can do??!!

Very DISSAPOINTING

I see the Balenciaga in the third esp. with that wool(?) collar, but overall I think that that look has potential. The silhouette of the skirt is quite unexpected, and surprisingly nice.

I like the first look. But you can get it at Club Monaco.
BTW, is that Tasha Tilberg?

I actually like the black belted dress on the 2nd picture a lot, although I have to agree that it instantly reminds me of the Japanese designers work, especially Yohji´s.

agreed tricoteen and all of you that noticed the 'japanese' influence..

mark is somehow clever, he got the message that neo-minimalism is on the rise, probably he'll be waving goodbye to his vintage influence soon :wink:

Diorling said:
The Marc Jacobs pieces have the feeling of Balenciaga, especially that coat and the first look.

I see the Balenciaga feeling as well... especially the 2nd black bubble dress. It is lovely though. The 1st and 2nd looks are okay, the rest are .... :doh:

i love it. i really do. especially the last one on the left. i love them all. i wouldn't wear the black dress but it's still nice. i'm loving it.

<3 me.

eh..a bit of a let down for me. I do love his new purses though

The outfit with the necklace :sick: Never been a fan of Marc...

Good point about Club Monaco ... I found this Marc Jacobs resort collection very disappointing, particularly after such a fascinating Fall ... it's not that it's not OK, and mostly wearable I'm sure, but why would anyone spend designer $$$$ on this stuff??? Detail is what I pay big bucks for, and I don't see any--just a bunch of basic pink, blue, black, etc. separates at I'm sure far from basic prices. I sure hope he pulls it out for Spring ... I depend on Marc when I put my wardrobe together, and there's nothing here for me.

the entire resort collections are now up at marcjacobs.com...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom63
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->