Maria Gregersen

extramax

Reaction score
new model. one of my favourites...:heart: :woot:
she is with unique, whynot and others
photos by supermodels.nl

She's pretty, but hardly new. She's about 22-23 and has been around for ages. :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
i rwmember seeing her in a luck magazine editroial. she is great!
Maria_Gregersen_6.jpg

fmd1.com/bwgreyscale

She looks like Cintia. She does work for La Redoute catalogue, too.

I love her freckles.

Kind of fun, I found this (somewhat silly) Danish article about her from 2001. I'm Swedish, so my translation is not the best. :wink: :flower:

Maria, 18, model:
I eat everything to get some more meat on my body

Even if your nose is covered with freckles you can win beauty contests. 18-year-old Maria Gregersen is a living proof of that.

Her modeling career took off when she, at 16, won a modeling contest. Almost 500 girls entered the contest held by Divamodels in Århus. The prize was a 10 day trip to New York. Maria was in the 10th grade and was offered a contract with Divamodels, but she decided to pursue a high school (kind of) degree. But after a year she took time off to try her luck as a model.

"Sweets" and chips doesn't stay on Maria. She weighs 52 kg and is 177 cm tall, and she eats all to get some more meat on her body. She loves to exercise, especially outdoors. She'd like to have more muscles, but it's in her genes to be thin, just like her mother, grandmother and older sister. She's got long strawberry blonde hair and clear blue eyes. her lips are full and her skin is fair. A scandinavian look that is sought after in Tokyo, New York, Paris, Barcelona and Milan.

When she's working, the agencies in these cities become her home base. She takes care of transports, grocery shopping, cooking and washing herself. She lives with other models.

-The girls can be sweet, but they can also be completely annoying. Then I think about how it's only temporary and that I'm soon going home again. We pay for all our expenses ourselves, so should I choose to ride in a limo, stay at expensive hotels, drink champagne and eat caviar I'll have to pay for it myself, Maria says and thereby challenges the myth of the glamorous model life.

Modeling is hard work. The clients can pick and choose from numerous models, and to get jobs you go from casting to casting. Up to 14 on the same day.

- I Milan I went to a casting for the Giorgio Armani show. It starts at 7 in the morning. I was there half an hour early, and there were already 200 girls in line waiting. The actual casting takes less than two minutes. Everyone gets the same shirt on and we walk for them, but you're a bit stiff when you've been waiting for hours, she says.

The clients choose 3 or 4 girls that they might want to use. It's called "option", and then these girls wait for a confirmation that they've got the job. Often they don't find out until the same day they're doing the job.

Maria still has her base at home with her parents, they live in a smaller town. In that way she saves in on expensive housing rents. Maria is being realistic about her economic prospects and future plans in modeling:

- If I'll stay happy modeling, I'll take another year off school. I'm saving for my [college] studies, so I won't have to take a student loan. I would like to study in Copenhagen, because my boyfriend is studying pol. science there. I'd like to become a journalist or a interior decorator, perhaps combine the two working for a design magazine.

But Maria doesn't want to stay in modeling as long as Helena Christensen, who Maria finds beautiful and charismatic. Besides her, Maria doesn't look up to anyone particular in the modeling business.

http://www.ung-bladet.dk/ernaering/ernaering8.shtml

^lol thats funny! i like how she thinks some of the models are annoying!

^ Lol, yeah. I wonder if she ever went off to college, of if she's been modeling full time ever since.

That first line is so stupid, as if you couldn't model if you've got freckles?! Love me some freckles! :heart: :D

thanks for posting the article Leviathan. She is with Unique Copenhagen now.

Brigth Lights, Big City from US Elle March 2005.

[bwgreyscale]

Cover of Cover August ^_^ + edit Ready Set Sport.

[cover.dk]

going to give this thread some new life - costume march cover.

[costume.dk]

Maria Gregerson

height:5' 9.5" / 176.53 cm
bust34 B
waist:23" / 58.42 cm
hips:34" / 86.36 cm
shoes:6
hair colour:Brown Light
hair length:Long
eyes:Blue
mariagregerson109ob0.jpg

mariagregerson108sg8.jpg