Mary-Kate Olsen 'weds Olivier Sarkozy in secret ceremony'

HeatherAnne

Reaction score
Multiple sources reporting. I'm going to need dress details :judge:

Mary-Kate Olsen 'weds Olivier Sarkozy in secret ceremony'

Mary-Kate Olsen has married the brother of former French president, Olivier Sarkozy, according to reports.

After weeks of speculation that the pair had tied the knot after being photographed wearing matching gold bands in the Hamptons, New York last month, it is understood that the pair have married in a "secret wedding".

According to Lucky magazine, a well-connected source confirmed that the fashion designer and French banker are now man and wife.

Sources close to the pair, who have been dating for nearly three years and maintain an extremely low profile away from the spotlight, said that they wanted a quiet ceremony with just a few family members.

The happy news emerges eight months after the couple got engaged on Valentine's Day.

Former child star Mary-Kate lives together with Olivier, 45, in a in a $6.25million townhouse in the Big Apple's Lower East Side.

Engagement rumours between the pair were sparked last December when the fashion icon was spotted shopping for dazzling rings in high-end Los Angeles boutique Neil Lane.

Olivier is divorced and has two children with his ex-wife Charlotte Bernard, from whom he split in 2010 after 13 years of marriage.
hello.com

there were rumors that they are engaged. congrats if they married!

What the faq?? I need dress, shoes, hair, jewelry details STAT!

What the faq?? I need dress, shoes, hair, jewelry details STAT!

Me too!! Hope a magazine will have the exclusive bits. I'd buy it especially for that. To be frank I didn't think their relationship would develop into more. Very glad for her.

I want to see pictures :shifty: Congrats to them !

Olivier is NIcolas' HALF brother (common father) ...
And nobody talks about the fact that he went from the daughter of Julian Schnabel to MK Olsen, after (during) his first divorce ?

well ...

just wonder if Nicolas and Carla were here ... but I guess not.

Wasn't he well and truly divorced by the time he started dating MK? Not that it matters, once divorce papers have been filed it's generally a done deal.

MARY-KATE OLSEN: LET ME GET DIVORCED NOW!!! Requests Emergency Relief in NY Court

5/13/2020 1:42 PM PT

Mary-Kate Olsen wants to get divorced, but she's hit a major roadblock -- coronavirus, so now she wants an emergency court order to speed things along.

Mary-Kate says her attorneys got an email from her husband, Pierre Olivier Sarkozy's attorneys this week giving her a May 18 deadline to get her stuff out of their NYC apartment. She claims Pierre is trying to force her out, because he terminated their lease without her knowledge.

She says she's been asking Pierre to give her until May 30, but claims he hasn't responded.

In the docs, obtained by TMZ, she says she can't meet the deadline -- this coming Monday -- because of quarantine guidelines in the city. Mary-Kate says the only way she can protect her property is if she's to file a divorce petition. That would trigger an automatic court order preventing him from disposing of her property.

Getty

Mary-Kate says she signed a petition for divorce back on April 17, but was informed NY courts were not accepting divorce filings -- other than emergencies -- due to the COVID-19 pandemic that was raging in the city.

She's requesting an emergency order to allow her to file the divorce. She's included her divorce petition in the filing, and in those docs, she requests their prenuptial agreement be enforced.

Olivier, a French banker, and Mary-Kate tied the knot in November 2015 in an intimate Manhattan ceremony. They started dating in 2012.

They don't have any kids together -- Olivier has 2 from his first marriage. This was Mary-Kate's first marriage ... and now her first divorce.

TMZ

It's really dirty of Olivier to play her like that, regardless of what happened! But I quite understand how he could terminate the lease without her knowing unless it was only on his name? Which would be odd, considering....

I'm very surprised by this news. I didn't see it coming. I loved them as a couple. They seemed very close and so into each other. You never know what's happening behind the curtain. I can only think how difficult it must be to deal with such issues during this time. I hope she'll get this sorted out in the best way possible!

I'm very surprised by this news. I didn't see it coming. I loved them as a couple. They seemed very close and so into each other. You never know what's happening behind the curtain. I can only think how difficult it must be to deal with such issues during this time. I hope she'll get this sorted out in the best way possible!
Was about to say the exact same. They seemed so happy. Not that any of us can tell whether others are happy. Quite sad about it tbh!

It's really dirty of Olivier to play her like that, regardless of what happened! But I quite understand how he could terminate the lease without her knowing unless it was only on his name? Which would be odd, considering....

Meant to say 'But I can't understand......"

I find this to be very confusing.

Olsen — who with her twin sister, Ashley, is said to be worth $100 million — also requests that the terms of their prenuptial agreement be enforced, and that Sarkozy maintain health and dental insurance for her.

from pagesix

Of course there had to be dental, lol. Americans and their obsession with teeth.

I really don't get why Mary-Kate is almost, sorry to say this, scrounging for benefits. Clearly the guy is well-heeled, but still. Doesn't she and her sister have an immense fortune? Forget about The Row, which btw I recall they have a silent investor, but what about their million-dollar company which holds the rights to all their tv series, movies, and merch? What happened to all that money? Does beg the question, for how long have they had to pump money into The Row before it started showing a profit?

I know alimony is alimony but if you're going to fight a millionaire and make it public and messy, then make sure the prize is at least worthy of the tabloid intrigue. Take some notes out of Linda Evangelista's book. Get the money in hard cash, a lump sum each month. I mean, how costly can health and dental insurance really get in the US?

Last edited:
Of course there had to be dental, lol. Americans and their obsession with teeth.

I really don't get why Mary-Kate is almost, sorry to say this, scrounging for benefits. Clearly the guy is well-heeled, but still. Doesn't she and her sister have an immense fortune? Forget about The Row, which btw I recall they have a silent investor, but what about their million-dollar company which holds the rights to all their tv series, movies, and merch? What happened to all that money? Does beg the question, for how long have they had to pump money into The Row before it started showing a profit?

I know alimony is alimony but if you're going to fight a millionaire and make it public and messy, then make sure the prize is at least worthy of the tabloid intrigue. Take some notes out of Linda Evangelista's book. Get the money in hard cash, a lump sum each month. I mean, how costly can health and dental insurance really get in the US?
Here it says 250 each Even Mary-Kate Olsen’s Divorce Can’t Touch Her Insane Net Worth

I am so confused. Always thought they were the wealthiest of their generation and certainly thought she was much richer than him. He must have done something pretty bad to her to have her begging for health insurance. I imagine it is less about money and more about revenge because how much could he really have?

On another note, are you all telling me that not only do Americans need to pay to have health insurance but then also need to pay an additional amount for dental?! Yikes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->