Max Mara F/W 2022.23 : Rianne van Rompaey, Jessica Stam, Maty Fall & Sherry Shi by Ethan James Green

Was convinced this was Meisel. Anyway fabulous work, great cast who deliver.

I love, love, looove Steven Meisel just as much as the next person (@[B]aracic[/B], @[B]ivano[/B]) but there's zero denying Meisel's Max Mara campaigns had become sterile and bland, with last season resembling the early work of Giampaolo Sgura.

Ethan James Green feels like a win-win situation for Max Mara, given the fact his studio shoots deliver Meisel-lite and he's undoubtedly a cheaper hire. The casting this season is fabulous, love the inclusion of Jessica Stam. Perhaps would've preferred Stam with Caroline Trentini but I do love me some Rianne van Rompaey. Very keen to see how this campaign develops!

The future is bright if EJG keeps working for the fashion industry. Amazing campaign, among the best from the upcoming season. Takes notes Prada.

I'm still in disbelief that this isn't Meisel's work. From Meisel's girl to Meisel's editing, the resemblance is uncanny! Ethan did an excellent job. I'm obsessed with Jessica's solo shot!

Stam:buzz: and I'm suprised there's no Caroline Trentini

I’m sorry I don’t understand how y’all be praising EJG for copying Meisel. We don’t need 2 Meisels lol. It’s not even meisel with a twist, it’s just a complete ripoff. I know meisel was always seen as copying Avedon but at least he brought a contemporary flare to his images. This is just plain sad. No vision. Nothing.

Nice shots, but one would expect that from Max Mara because it's Max Mara.

I can't help but think that EJG honestly said to the models "what Meisel has told you to do, do that here". It's uninspiring, droll and of all the things you copy of Meisel's, you choose the most generic of his generic outputs. If I'm going to reference a photographer in any way, I'm going straight to more original sources like Steichen, Horst, Lee Miller, Beaton and even figures like Weegee, Burke-White and Brassai to get started (films... now that's a resource few use nowadays too as a reference).

But EJG is the Jacquemus of fashion photography so what else can one expect.

JAN Magazine Digital Edition

I’m sorry I don’t understand how y’all be praising EJG for copying Meisel. We don’t need 2 Meisels lol. It’s not even meisel with a twist, it’s just a complete ripoff. I know meisel was always seen as copying Avedon but at least he brought a contemporary flare to his images. This is just plain sad. No vision. Nothing.
Even more head scratching when members complain about photographers copying Teller, Sims, etc. Granted I’ve seen criticism of EJG here, but more praise then anything else.

Even more head scratching when members complain about photographers copying Teller, Sims, etc. Granted I’ve seen criticism of EJG here, but more praise then anything else.

I can’t name anyone whose work looks EXACTLY like Teller or Sims etc. There might be similarities but the difference can be discerned. In this case, it’s almost impossible to tell. Lately everyone’s been saying Mert and Marcus have been doing Teller but it’s clear it’s not Teller because there is much more polish in lighting, glam, styling, posing.

He did an incredible job, so we should look these ads in that way. The lack of quality in the current days makes me think this ad is needed.

He did an incredible job, so we should look these ads in that way. The lack of quality in the current days makes me think this ad is needed.

lol incredible is an overstatement. The images are nice but boring. Copying meisels most uninspired aesthetic from 2012.

I don´t understand why Stam is so overphotoshoped, is her face that much different now?

^^ I still disagree and find them incredible. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nocknock
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->