MET Costume Institute Gala 2024 : Sleeping Beauties: Reawakening Fashion

im surprised not more people where in Dior. Her dresses suited the theme a lot

Where is beauty? Has it been reawaken?
how-to-know-if-someone-is-searching-for-you-on-the-internet-e1667215764764.jpg

netreputation.com

taylor russell was the best for me and i like sofia coppola a little

Side note: very confused about the Chloé approach to this... The guests looked nice but that's a costume gala, not the weekend's brunch event for the fashion girls. Lame.
I actually disagree with this it's a gala for the Costume Institute, which has somehow become dress in a costume you wouldn't even wear for Halloween. They look less foolish than 98.9% of the attendees.

Chloe Sevingy in Dilara did it for me !! that deconstruction victorian look was everything

The annual parade of dumb looking attention seekers. I blame Linda Fargo or Amber Valetta or whomever started this Halloween Cosplay mess for the Met's dire state. Anna is also to blame for allowing such foolishness but she's always been tacky and shallow. In spite of that, there were some cute looks. The Challengers boys looked charming and Jonathan Anderson is husband material.

For a mix of objective and non-objective reasons, I loved Tyla’s look. She was on theme, looked great, it was her first MET, she’s still so young and just recently catapulted to fame. Alia Bhatt was my absolute favourite, however. The sari was stunning.

Well, the RuPaul's Drag Race fandom was disappointed by the Met Gala. Anna must be shaking.

1715131795540.png

Well, this disappointed the RuPaul's Drag Race fandom, Anna must be shaking.

View attachment 1268904
i genuinely cannot express in mere words just how much damage this awful, horrible show has done to the fashion industry. it's wrecked it so beyond recognition that it actually makes me sick. the consistent creative theft and pillaging of historical fashion designs in this show is so sickeningly cheap. the genre of gays that religiously watch this show and conflate crossdressing with fashion design are truly the lowest common denominator in the gay community, by a country mile. the complete and utter lacuna of education, erudition, taste sophistication among these people is shocking. i may sound like a total elitist but reading a reddit post like that would make anyone who takes the fashion industry a total snob too. i despise what r*paul has done to gay culture and fashion. absolutely despise

this conversation made me want to jump off a cliff:

Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 02.46.41.png

this is maybe the only common sense post i could find in that pitiful intellectual wasteland of a thread:

Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 02.55.01.png

I agree about drag race but I feel like it's more of a symptom than a cause, of unchecked rampant covert narcissism due to some arrested development. And another, I wouldn't call this below the cause, but I know for a fact, I can pinpoint it in time, that this look, person, and it's team in particular sent a shockwave thru the ether, causing a turning point for the worse in culture on a global scale. I'm literally not even joking lol. I think about this all the time.

Erika-Girardi-Pink-Cardigan.png
source: bigblondehair.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrigitteXCX
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->