Miu Miu Summer 2024 by Richard Kern

Sad overpriced Uniqlo with Miu Miu logos
Lotta was great for the first two seasons (the snowy video and the cropped top collection), then fashion wise downhill from there...

I don't know how Lotta always manages to make the models look like they smell like armpit and bad breath, especially the last one with short hair, whoever that is.

Mega hideous and very 2016. I wish I could say something more polite but.. Miu Miu campaigns really raised the bar back in the day, so this s*it by one of the many s*it 'photographers' that the fashion industry swears will validate them in the eyes of the art world.. pretty tragic.

Miu Miu always had a more raw and gritty side as well and doing something more ugly after so many popular excepted image is good and fits with the total history of the brand and with its first ad campaigns shot by Corinne Day are still to this day beautiful and raw and part of Miu Miu DNA

this all before balenciaga or lotta or presumed smelly or s*it photographers for validation

this second add has same colors and interiors and smelly carpets vibe

the first ever ad of miu miu had dirty white leather sofa and studio floor markings and niples

miu miu has more sides than kate grand and lotta years

I don't know how Lotta always manages to make the models look like they smell like armpit and bad breath, especially the last one with short hair, whoever that is.

Mega hideous and very 2016. I wish I could say something more polite but.. Miu Miu campaigns really raised the bar back in the day, so this s*it by one of the many s*it 'photographers' that the fashion industry swears will validate them in the eyes of the art world.. pretty tragic.

Rose Daniels was a Katie's Miu Miu girl tho
unnamed10.jpg

Miu Miu always had a more raw and gritty side as well and doing something more ugly after so many popular excepted image is good and fits with the total history of the brand and with its first ad campaigns shot by Corinne Day are still to this day beautiful and raw and part of Miu Miu DNA

this all before balenciaga or lotta or presumed smelly or s*it photographers for validation

this second add has same colors and interiors and smelly carpets vibe

the first ever ad of miu miu had dirty white leather sofa and studio floor markings and niples

miu miu has more sides than kate grand and lotta years

I understand what you're saying but Miu Miu back then wasn't crazy expensive as Prada's Marc by Marc or See by Chloe; and middle class could have afforded them easily at the aspirational price point. Now it's only for the mega rich, its pretty tone-deaf with ads like these.

People often criticise Virginie Viard's Chanel or MGC' Dior, I say no free pass for Miuccia now

Last edited:
Does Lotta realise that the cynical ironically ugly aesthetic from 2016 is dead in 2024? Only rich teenagers find this edgy, everyone else is bored.

I suppose she doesn't have much more to offer, though. Lotta/Miu Miu was interesting for maybe two seasons, but the industry has moved on, Miu Miu needs to catch-up.

I understand what you're saying but Miu Miu back then wasn't crazy expensive as Prada's Marc by Marc or See by Chloe; and middle class could have afforded them easily at the aspirational price point. Now it's only for the mega rich, its pretty tone-deaf with ads like these.

People often criticise Virginie Viard's Chanel or MGC' Dior, I say no free pass for Miuccia now
PRICE
price of all brands became for the mega rich to use your term when we talk of fashion brands with a fashion show presence or in the luxury sphere.
But back then Miu Miu was also not cheap or affordable yes if you take inflation and price increase in concentration to now has been stupid crazy but the
thats not only miu miu.

STYLE
dna of the brand is what it is and that the CD dips in and out of parts of the style is natural cycle of the brand style.
and it can't be said they or she is following other brands that came after just for hype etc

TONE - DEAF
the apartments used even if empty are not crack houses , even the more bucolic farm like house in on of the pictures relates to long standing DNA of Miu Miu an deven prada , and with roots in arte povera and ZERO art movement that she and she supports and collects and part of Italian cinema.

it has roots of celebrating and the value of the more simple things in live and using things that are seen by the snob as trash etc but are and can be high concept etc.
the girls with no make up is adds to the adolescence also part of DNA of glam is not only for the well off same as very stealth welt woman go around mostly bare face its really has to do with context of where you come from what less or more looks like rich or poor.

I find to much is often looked only via a american lens of culture and not enough a worldly view
things have other meaning than what one can only understand and does not make it more real or fact because of different backgrounds or knowledge

that said do i think it me fav miu miu ad no i am shocked by it no its just another chapter of the miu miu book some pages i skip faster some i stay longer.

also Miu Miu is Miuccia inner girly she want to be naughty now and high light the sexualty of Miu miu girl its fine let the girl find her space in life even if her shoes cost now 3 times more she will save up and eat noodles for 2 months to pay of her credit card lol

i feel like putting them in the shower was a cheap play at making this very nothing shoot interesting

i like richard kerns work, when it was on film of course it was more romantic and had a welcomed softness along with the seedy nature, now as we see here like with juergen teller etc its just about being 'raw' and anti glamour i just dont understand what the limit of that will be, blurry screenshots on philos new thing, this wet cat in the empty ridgewood apartment barred windows shower etc etc how anti glamour can we go until its like ok girl just go to the downtown brooklyn charity store and then pop over to hanes, no need for this

these creative choices are asking the viewer to stop buying into fashion, which, maybe isnt so bad for a subsection of trendy pretentious fashion goers, as long as its leading away from shein and temu

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silvercat90
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->