Natalia Vodianova & Justin Portman separate. Natalia dating Antoine Arnault

Also, she'd once mentioned in one of her interviews to a French newspaper/magazine that her and Justin aren't sexually exclusive to each other, that she doesn't care what he does as long as he has good taste, and that she too has been seduced by other men.

That's incorrect. What Natalia said in that interview is that both her and Justin let eachother know when they felt attracted to other people. For instance, he would tell her if he thought a girl was attactive and vice versa. She never said they had an open relationship.

The rumors have been going on for one year when I first heard about them. My understanding then was that she was the bread winner in the family, and his role was to travel with her all over the world. Although his relatives are rich he is not directly receiving any money from their estate and lives off his wife's earnings.

we will never know what the cause of the divorce was
age gap, differences,infidelity or was it justin's gambling and
wasteful habits of spending Natalia's earned money

I feel sorry for the kids :(
hope Natalia is not dating that Pesko guy,

^ In a divorce the kids always suffer, in most instances the woman suffers more than the man because they usually keep and raise the kids, and not always getting child support. Thank God Natalia made her own way the tough Russian soul and luck.

^

rumor has it Natalia is not filing divorce papers anytime soon
as she might lose the kids and will automatically get custody
to Lord Justin Portman :ninja:

why would he get custody? it's very rare for the mother to be separated from her children, right?

Any sort of legal battle might see information come to light that would certainly add a new dimension to all those 'happy family' editorials.

I wish her all the best with her career and her charity work - and I hope she continues to model for some time, because she's still an exquisite beauty.

If there was no pre-nup he might get part of her fortune even though he's suppose to be a real estate heir.

i think he just holds the title, but actually isn't all that wealthy from what i got...

^ His oldest brother probably inherited all/much of the wealth, while he got a measly sum in comparison (which was probably still a lot of money in 'normal' people's eyes). This is often how old aristocratic families keep their wealth and property intact: the oldest son hits the jackpot.

^ His oldest brother probably inherited all/much of the wealth, while he got a measly sum in comparison (which was probably still a lot of money in 'normal' people's eyes). This is often how old aristocratic families keep their wealth and property intact: the oldest son hits the jackpot.
it's not only wealthy families who have this practice, in conservative/patriarhical societies there's a tendency for the first son who gets most of it, second son close to nothing, a if they, god forbid :rolleyes:, have a daughter she gets absolutely nothing (if a person has only daughters, then the wealth is given to closest male cousins), cus the logic is that you "sell" your daughter into wealth so you don't need to be a carer anymore. who would've thought these practices exist in western world too...:innocent:

i think i've read somewhere that either he didn't have much from the start or that he's known for his gambling issues...who knows...

It's so sad. I'm sorry for Natalia and for their kids. Their couple has always been the kind of "fairytale-couple". I think all those speculations about the fact that he might get the custudy may be true. Well, he's english and Natalia is not. Besides that, while Natalia was working he stayed with kids. And I'm sure there could appear lots of problems with that.

why would he get custody? it's very rare for the mother to be separated from her children, right?

Generally, it's true, mothers do get preferential treatment when it comes to 'dividing' the kids. Regardless of whether it should be so in theory, it most definitely is so in practice. In VAST majority of cases, kids stay with the mother and father is ordered to pay (for their lifestyle, while barely even being allowed to see the kids).

I've never heard any reasons for why she would 'automatically' lose the kids in this case, but just thinking about it now, maybe it's not that impossible. The reason I say that is because, one of the reasons why mothers generally get to keep the kids is that they were the primary care takers of those kids even while married to the father. Here, I wouldn't be surprised if Justin was the primary care taker considering Natalia's hectic work schedule. So if that was the case, he'd have a good argument for getting the kids. And she would be the one to pay for their lifestyle. However, it's very speculative at this point and based on little to no factual information.

What I also find interesting while going through the thread is that people seem to be 'understanding' of the split since she was the breadwinner of the house and he didn't bring much other than spending 'her' money. The reason I find that funny is because that's how majority of households still are, except it's the he who's the breadwinner and it's the she who spends 'his' money. However, I doubt anyone would suggest it was a good reason for him to leave her because of that reason, but yet when it's the other way around, it seems almost rational to split.

I don't see any reason why she would lose custody, unless of course she signed a pre-nup that speficied that in the case of a divorce, the children would stay in his care. That's what happened in Princess Diana's case. In Natalia's case, it could be possible. She herself said the only reason she and Justin married was so that Lucas could get the last name, probably for inheritance purposes. I'm sure his family made her sign a pre-nup as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see any reason why she would lose custody, unless of course she signed a pre-nup that speficied that in the case of a divorce, the children would stay in his care. That's what happened in Princess Diana's case. In Natalia's case, it could be possible. She herself said the only reason she and Justin married was so that Lucas could get the last name, probably for inheritance purposes. I'm sure his family made her sign a pre-nup as well.
yup, that's what i'm thinking might've happen. they're still holding the title and who knows if Justin's brother has any kids (read:sons).

^ Unfortunately for Natalia's family, Justin's half-brother, the current 10th Viscount Portman does have a son and heir (The Hon Luke Portman, b.1984), so the whole inheritance situation is already locked-up (barring some unforeseen tragedies). Justin was never going to get a proper look in on the large-scale inheritance because he is a son of the 9th Viscount Portman from his second marriage. The 9th Viscount Portman's first marriage produced a son (current Viscount Portman) and a daughter. His second marriage produced four sons (of which Justin is the second oldest). A lot of tragedies would have to occur for Justin to be the prime inheritor in the Portman family. So I doubt the marriage for inheritance purposes reason cited by Natalia and Justin.

I think Natalia just didn't want to give birth to a child out of wedlock and Justin may have really loved her, so he agreed to a shotgun wedding. She came from a broken family with a mum who had children by a few different men, so she wanted better for herself. She wanted the ring and the legitimacy for her children. I doubt whether the Portman family would have cared if Justin fathered a child out of wedlock (maybe they would have preferred if her hadn't married her??); history is littered with the illegitimate children of aristocrats and the women they left behind. Of course times are changing...and yet some sections of society seem to evolve very little.

I imagine there would have been a pre-nup, and I have my fingers crossed for Natalia that the way it's structured also inadvertently helps protect her hard-earned wealth for her. I can't see any court in a Western developed country taking a mother's children away from her unless of abuse or some other extreme situation. I didn't think pre-nups generally dealt with custody arrangements unless in extremely unusual situations, such as where royalty is involved (i.e. I believe Princess Mary wouldn't get primary custody of her children if she and Prince Frederick divorced because of the pre-nup). At worse, I imagine Justin and Natalia would get equal custody (i.e. 50% of the time with each parent).

Last edited by a moderator:
oh! thanks for info, didn't have a clue it's such a complicated situation when it comes to Justin's part of the family! wow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cstmbres
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->