Natural / Minimal Makeup

i really dont like to wear a lot of eye makeup. for me, mascara and curled lashes makes the most difference without overloading on makeup..

my lashes has been looking like crap lately but i realized that it was my lash curler this whole time! i love my Shiseido lash curler and still do but i needed to refill the rubber pad really badly. so today i bought refills(2 for about $3 US) and replaced that old one & voila..my lashes are back!

the old lash curler pad had been curling my lashes unevenly resulting in crimped or clumpy lashes..as well as taking out a lot of lashes! *tears*

so make sure you refill your mascara pad when you start to see lil cuts in the bad!! its not the curler..its the rubber pad!

0916200510213395.jpg

I think this is by far the most natural make up ever.I wonder if they put anything more than a spray of water on her face to make her look that fresh.
Anyone know how to get that look?

^this look is gorgeous, but I assume they used a lot more than a spray.
I'd say they used at least a bit mascara, definitely blush and gloss.

^ actually that show was interviewed for in backstange confidential in style.com. there is the makeup step it was used in the show (yes i just rip it from the page since im to lazy to digest it and say it in my own word. from http://www.style.com/beauty/backstage/122105:(

Saving Face
Scooting about the backstage area, makeup artist Pat McGrath carefully patted a nutrient-soaked SK-II Facial Treatment Mask on the models' faces. "The girls are just in love with these," she said, noting that the ten-minute treatment is the "perfect" antidote to complexions "traumatized" by fashion week. After skin was prepped, McGrath made touchups with the lightest bit of foundation, rather than concealer. Clinique Moisture Sheer Tint SPF 15 is a hydrating, oil-free base.

At First Blush
The "fresh, glowing skin" that McGrath is always talking about takes a two-pronged effort. At Calvin Klein, she followed up a sheer, dewy base with equally transparent touches of color. To create a similar effect, blend a few drops of Benefit Benetint liquid blusher on both the apples of cheeks and in the center of the bottom lip.

The Lips Have It
The girls' ripe, pouty lips weren't just a byproduct of youth, McGrath insisted, but rather the rewards of a vitamin-packed beauty routine. Lip balm from Ole Henriksen, the cult Danish botanical skincare line, is part of her own daily regimen. Pulling her personal tube out of a handbag, the makeup artist cooed, "I'm addicted, myself."

tis the season for natural makeup to come back!

i love model candids because they usually dont wear a lot of makeup when they are not working..and only what they 'need' to define their faces without looking like they are really wearing any.

i screepcapped this photo of Doutzen Kroes myself from German interview.
doutzen.jpg

all i wear is

skin : a little bit undereye concealer to brighten eyes

eyes : black or brown mascara, just one light coat so it doesnt really matter weather its black or brown as long as its natural looking and adds subtle definition that you only really notice up close

cheeks : sometimes i wear blush but most of the time i dont. it really depends on the weather, its pretty hot in California so its not really necessary. my cheeks blush on their own because of the hot weather :wink:
..plus its sooo hard to find a natural looking blush(i like sheer pink blushes) because im super super fair skinned! and any recs are welcome !

lips : clear lip balm

my philosophy for makeup is : less is more. the less you wear the more its about your face and not about the makeup. when you dont rely on makeup to look your best, it encourages you to take care of yourself like cleansing skin properly, staying out of the sun, eating well, and getting enough sleep etc!

source : youtube

I think Jennifer Aniston is a good celebrity example of gorgeous natural makeup.

Face: moisturizer before I put make up on...then concealor and a little powder
I also apply a shimmery pink or rose blush
Eyes: just black mascara and a natural eyeshadow I really love MAC pigments in Tan, Nude and coco beach very natural pretty colors!
Lips: light pink nudish color or a dark pink lipgloss or lipstick.

this is a look i always go back to!

going out to dinner with the sisters...if we take pictures i fear im gonna look like a lil washed out youngn next to them but whatever minimal makeup is my look!

im like the only person posting but o well i like to share! :lol:

KirstenDunst.jpg

Kirsten Dunst, Flaunt magazine

archana

^ i like how the eyeliner matches her hair!

0Cynthia_Steffe_77v.jpg

Ruslana Korshunova @ Cynthia Steffe

my natural blush is like that ^ at medium intensity(when im flushed). my favorite blush matches my natural blush exactly sometimes im like : i thought i already took off my makeup why am i still blushing!

77v

Last edited by a moderator:
and what would the name of the blush be?:P
and btw you're not alone in this thread!!
I'll try and post some of my favorite natural looks tomorrow!!:flower:

Maybelline Siamese Pink. i love it, such a pure light pink. i get no brownish or ruddiness from it. not too much shimmer, buildable, and its not too opaque. note : im very fair/cool toned and i have a hard time finding blushes. i like this one because i can put up my cheekbones and temples without looking clowny.

expertwear02.jpg

it says Pair o' Plums on the sticker but this looks exactly like Siamese Pink.
top is a highlighter which isnt great, too chalky and not enough shimmer to show so i dont bother with it. bottom is the blush ^_^

budget beauty

some of my all time favorites natural looks..must say chloe/stella mccartney always make the best ones catwalk wise..and natalie portman from celebs :heart:

sources:style.com,np.com,bellazon

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannah Ursula
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->