New Subculture

passione

Reaction score
I've only seen a few guys who look like this in Toronto, Ontario (Canada). Apparently it's more popular in the states. Ok well, they wear high top pumas, roos or onitsuka tigers, not the type that makes it look gangster thoguh, a sleeker type usually with vibrant colors. They wear really long scarves, i've seen very few once again but when i do see them, they have striped scarves. My friend and i decided let's just call these people scarfies till we actually find out what they are. They also cuff their straight leg jeans just to the top of their shoes and if they don't do that, they tuck their pant legs into the shoe itself. I've never seen one with high top converse so this is definetely not some punk thing. Another thing i noticed is that most carry a bag of some sort, be it tote or bowling or a manbag , a keepall or something.

I don't want to confuse you any more but there is just one last thing i've noticed. they all wear strange hats..

So i dont know if this is a new trend or if its an old trend i just see it popping up a bit now. do you guys have any information?

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Aug 19 2004, 02:30 PM
hipsters?
[snapback]338611[/snapback]​

:lol: :rofl:

Passione, your name is not Suzi by any chance?

Originally posted by faust@Aug 19 2004, 03:31 PM
:lol: :rofl:

Passione, your name is not Suzi by any chance?
[snapback]338613[/snapback]​

is that what they're called! honestly!

no my name is not Suzi lol..i don't think it's necessary for me to ask who that is :unsure:

They sound like they are emulating the Dior Homme look. Or Raf Simons, et al.

sounds like the marc jacobs runway...

scarfies...!!!...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha
you are hilarious... :rofl:

Originally posted by TheSoCalledPrep@Aug 19 2004, 07:20 PM
Sounds like....

Metrosexuals

:brows: :innocent:
[snapback]338927[/snapback]​

No, they like Prada. Not high tops.

Are scarfies like those ones people wear on the necks tied? Rather 1920's.

you know what, i dont have any pictures but next time i go ill take some but for now i think ill draw one i hope you guys get the idea when i post..

I think you just described the typical look of the "university dude" in our university-capital! (it's a small country so we have like a handful of universities so.. blablahh)

Were the "dudes" in Estonia actually ahead of fashion? WOW :lol: :lol: :lol:

yes, definetely sounds like some breed of hipster.

i just got back from san francisco and discoverd a whole new subculture called "bike kids." its like the bike messengers are all in some gang where they all dress the same with one pant leg permanently up and ride fixed-gears. i bet new york has them too. i love it i think its hilarious..i was so excited to discover a new click of people besides hipsters and rockers. i wonder if they listen to their own special genre of music..

smashin that sounds really interesting :o im halfway done drawing this scarfy i forgot to start last time lol.

rasta dreadlocks and primitive piercing styles are currently huge on greek island beaches.

*cute detail: delicate bead 'belts' as the sole accessorie for trendy nudists (goes for both sexes )

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannah Ursula
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->