Silk head scarves S/S 06

saann

I don't know
Reaction score
I just studied the Christian Lacroix collection closely (it's one of my favorites) and one thing I loved about it was the scarves used on the models head, their wear in many different patterns with accesories attached to it

I can imagine this become a trend in the streets too

here are som pictures, all from elle.com

It was trendy like 2 summers ago, those Pucci scarves with big black sunglasses....... :doh:

This is a bit different though, not as bad but I don't really see it as a trend.

i always thought of it as an old lady look but the 4th pic looks good.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Agree with you Seasecrets....! :lol:

There's something very "bourgeois" about those scarves posted..... Really not my style....

^ yeah, it's not my style either. i keep having a image of audrey hepburn in one of her movies wearing a head scarf and the big sunglasses.

Wow. I must be the only one who really loves those. I want to buy one right now.

It's not my style, but I've seen some girls who look fabulous with them! Makes me want to go tie a scarf on my head, but it looks ridiculous on me. Heather Marks looks so lovely

Those are too colourful for my taste.

I like this look, but it comes around every summer, people have always worn scarfs on their head during summer months.

**EDIT: Pic deleted. Missing credits.**

Last edited by a moderator:
i like scarves in my hair, but only with incredibly simple hairsyles.

i have LOTS of curly hair and add a bold, colorful scarf to that and i'm in Valleygirl city. way too much going on. so i wear very simple straight one color ones. they work all the time.

this season's prada ad kinda shows what i'm talking about. big eyes, simple hair, bold hairscarf or thick headband....

I'm a big fan of headscarves and I was rather exited about those Lacriox scarves too. I need to try that out

I quite like those lacroix styles. They are different, set further back on the head and i quite like when they have an accessory or are tied to the side. Seems quite 20's french factory worker chic :heart:

Meg said:
I quite like those lacroix styles. They are different, set further back on the head and i quite like when they have an accessory or are tied to the side. Seems quite 20's french factory worker chic :heart:

that is new! and true. and cute :heart:

I love the idea of attaching a brooch to my scarf

^ Ditto! :smile:

I have some silk scarves, but hardly where them on my head. It's an idea, but doesn't Jessica Simpson do this. (It wouldn't stop me though.)

I bought a green silkscarve with a brown and white pattern and I tried to tie it like those lacroix ones and the result was really good:D

also here are a couple of images from jean paul gaultier SS06
elle.com and style.com
http://www.***************/image/2005/1004200515044129.jpg
00550m.jpg

The Gaultier scarves are quite cute actually, although it's not really my style... Thanks a lot for the pics and the thread Saann. :flower:

Doesn't Hermes also promote this, when I buy scarves at the boutique, they always say you can tie it to a bag, your head, as a cummerbund...I know! I tried it with one of my Hermes scarves, it's a pink one and it really flatters my face...I love this look!

Scarves, always-chic

From style.com

Anatomy of a classic: the scarf

Classic Moments:

main1_left.jpg
main1_right.jpg

main2_left.jpg
main2_right.jpg

main3_left.jpg
main3_right.jpg

main4_left.jpg
main4_right.jpg