Nina Ricci F/W 12.13 : Kati Nescher by Inez & Vinoodh

Flashbang

Mr. Magic
Reaction score
LONDON — Peter Copping, Nina Ricci’s creative director, is giving the brand’s new La Rue handbag its moment in the spotlight.

The large doctor-style tote — which comes in luxurious materials such as grained calfskin, snakeskin, and alligator — is the centerpiece in one of Nina Ricci’s fall campaign images. The bag made its debut earlier this year on Ricci’s fall runway.

The black-and-white campaign, shot in New York by Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin, shows the model Kati Nescher clutching the alligator skin version of the La Rue.

Copping told WWD he wanted to capture the femininity and “underlying strength” of the Nina Ricci muse. “I like that Nescher looks more like a woman than a girl,” he said ahead of an event in London’s Mayfair today to launch the campaign.

Copping has also tapped the illustrator Jo Ratcliffe to create pieces of art based on the campaign. The art will go on display at Nina Ricci's stores in Paris and Dubai from October.

Ratcliffe has adorned the campaign image with watercolor designs of flowers, which look as if they’re emerging from the bag. “It definitely takes the publicity into another dimension,” said Copping of Ratcliffe’s work.

The La Rue campaign image, along with the ready-to-wear campaign, will break in the September issues of magazines including U.S. and British Vogue, British Harper’s Bazaar and Love magazine.

The La Rue bag is to launch from September at stores including Harrods in London, Barneys and Neiman Marcus in New York and at Nina Ricci’s boutiques in Paris and Dubai.

Copping added that he plans to unveil a new Nina Ricci retail concept by architect Joseph Dirand in November with a new corner at Harrods in London.

“It’s relatively minimal. Given that the clothes are relatively decorative and detailed, I thought it was important that the decor is strong but quite neutral at the same time,” said Copping.

Copping also said there are plans to open further freestanding stores, following Ralph Toledano’s appointment as president of the fashion division Puig, the 98-year-old family-owned Spanish fragrance and fashion business, parent of Ricci.
wwd.com

Attachments

• nina-ricci-1.jpg
    nina-ricci-1.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 163
OMG Inez&Vinoodth are amaking collages again!!
This looks promissing...

I am so glad to see new direction of the Nina Ricci ads!

I was beginning to wonder when Kati would show up in a campaign

That is so beautiful. You can always count on Nina Ricci delivering one of the best campaigns of the season. I don't find Kati's expression particularly appealing here but the concept and the composition are great. The only other complaint would be that you cannot see what she's wearing. But still, a gorgeous image :heart: I hope there's more, we usually don't get to see that many pictures from Nina Ricci campaigns.

Oh, this is nice. Unexpected, but very beautiful.

Kati! :blush: I really love the collage aspect of the campaign and can't wait to see what else comes from it.

I really like it. The idea mostly. But I think the lighting/photoshop/angle make Kati's face look really strange.

how gorgeous!!!! yay :D love when inez and vinoodh do this kind of hting

Wow I would have never recognized this as a Nina Ricci ad
This is visually stunning! It might just turn out to be my favorite campaign this season.

Damn beautiful
Posted via Mobile Device

Love this. Something different to what we normally see, and I'm thrilled that Kati landed a campaign this season.

Looking forward to seeing more!

It's boring and you can barely see any clothes
It also looks more like a dark version of a Stella McCartney advert

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cstmbres
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->