Nirvana

^ his smile at the beginning....

:wub:

And I love the song as well. :flower:

Here is a link to the 2005 documentary on the making of the Nevermind album. It is fascinating, I think.

The DVD of Nirvana's Unplugged in New York concert is released in a couple of weeks.

This is from nme.com:
The DVD will contain both the original broadcast of the show and the complete unedited version of the set with 5.1 Surround Sound.

In between songs on the unedited 66-minute version, the band are seen affably chatting with each other, debating what songs to play and even taking requests from the audience.

At one point, they even break into a jokey version of Lynyrd Skynyrd's classic 'Sweet Home Alabama' with guest performers The Meat Puppets.

A rehearsal version of 'Pennyroyal Tea' which features guitarist Pat Smear also playing in the track is included. This was originally the way the band planned to perform the song until Kurt Cobain decided at the last minute to play it solo during the show.

Additionally, a 20 minute documentary featuring interviews with the band and members of the crew are also included.
Krist Novoselic also says he wants to re-release In Utero in 5.1.

great news!!!!!:buzz: thanks so much chaky!!!i've been waiting for this for soooo long!!

Eye Candy anyone?

source: Cobains board
6ujtds2.jpg

8c35z4y.jpg

7xv35ow.jpg

71ea6th.jpg

^he really was absolutely beautiful...in a broken kind of way.

I still have a crush on him!

:wub:

btw, I think Dave looks hot in the pic of all of them that I posted, hehe

i have a nirvana tattoo and i am also getting the opening lines to my fav song "serve the servants" in a month..

we must revive this thread!

sorry but "half the man I used to be" isn't a nirvana song I don't think. It's rumored to be someone who sounds like Kurt, but not him

that song you are referring to is "creep" by Stone Temple Pilots...its on their album "core"

it is also an amazing song...

"teenage angst has paid off well,now I'm bored and old" would be one hell of a tattoo!!!!

(though I hope it's more of a tribute than a representation of your current state :wink:)

I was never really into Nirvana even though I respected KC and his art. He was an extreme talent. I have held their MTV VMA's though in my hand. :D

There was this one period in my teens where I kept Nevermind in my player for a month. But now I kind of feel they are a bit overrated. Although they created some powerful songs and Kurt was a convincing troubled artist figure, there are bands that made better music but go unnoticed.

^ That's how I feel.
I grew up with Nirvana, my sister was going through her rebellion phase during my early age so I was always around this band. Now I feel like they are nothing compare to the music I listen to now.

is it true that kurt's ashes were stolen from courtney love's house?:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->