Pale / Fair Skin - What are your fave products?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
ok, this is for the benefit of the pale girls. and im not talking about someone who hasnt seen the sun for a while, im talking about people (like me) who burn when they enter the sun, and have translucent skin.
so my question for you is, what are you fav makeup products to enhance and flatter your 'whiteness'

for me its:

chanel blanc de universel
benefit high beam
guerlain les meteorites compact

umm, i like pearlescent primer and shimmery make up, for skin is sunscreen and some cream to block liver spot:P but since is have black/brown hair and brow eyes, i dunno wut make up colour i should wear.

Last edited by a moderator:
I swear by Prescriptives Custom Blend foundation. Since I have oily skin, I don't use highlighters--it would be coals to Newcastle ^_^

i hate matte product, because they make me look like i have a mask on or cakey

YSL Touche Eclat and SKII whitening loose powder! They really help to conceal my flaws and give me a luminous glow from within.

I agree with PrincessImp. about Touche Éclat. I use it especially around eyes where the skin is so pale and thin that some veins are visible making me look like a notorious sleepless.
I should use sunscreen but the moisturizers i like don't contain or contain only low spf..

^ Agreed. YSL Touche Eclat and light powder. Add a bit of blusher for a glowy natural look.

just wonder, if u have black/brown hair with brown eyes (with the pale skin) wut solour would look good on my skin?!

nudes and pinks and browns would be the obvious candidates.
Grey eyemake-up, navy and green eyeshadow can work as well and depending on your application, can be very dramatic.

I am not so sure about yellow, but it's a difficult colour to pull off anyway :wink:

i'm very pale but i tan easily. however where i live i'm pale most of the year round! orangey blushers make me look terrible. i use cheek and lip tints like benefits benetint, ysl touch eclat for under eye shadows and any other areas needing touched up, i rarely use foundation. i think eyeshadow depends entirely on your hair and eye colour.

anyone use whitening/brightening product here? if so, any recommendation?!

I've got really pale skin, and I use a peachy blusher which makes my cheeks shimmery and means I don't look ill :sick:.

I also just wear lipgloss (with a slight peach/brown tint) which looks cool too.

I have pale skin, light blue eyes, and dark hair by the way :wink:

Edited to say: I tend to stick with brown/peach colours in the summer - it looks very natural. In the winter and for nighttime I find that my colouring can take dramatic colours, for example, I love doing the smokey eye look, with bright green eyeshadow - very punky and cool :wink:

I use L'Occitane Brightening Cleansing foam...it really does brighten my pale skin. I then use La Mer to even out the color.

Right now I'm loving Dior Base de Teint instead of foundation...it gives me that flawless, porcelain look I always see on the catwalks with a hint of glow. Sometimes I'll use benefit high beam as well.

I tried one of those bronzing powders the other day...ugh, I looked like an overbaked cookie:(

I'm hooked on Lancome Colour ID as a base - its fantastic. I naturally have a very neutral tint to my skin, so it can look dull so easily. This product is great. It really brightens your skin, and covers well but feels like you are only using a light moisturiser. It says it self adjusts to your skin tone and acidity (don't know how accurate that is) but whatever it does, it's fantastic. I can even get away with wearing a shade slightly darker than I normally would, it still looks really healthy and natural.

i use this peachy shimmer blush over my light foundation and it looks very nice and doesnt make me look like im from the un-dead. i have porcelain white skin (brown eyes, dark-black hair) and i use this liquid to powder foundation over my primer.

through experimenting i found that my whitish skin works well with silvers and gold eye shadow, sometimes browns. bronzers make my skin look very orange, so i stay away from that. also my lips stay nude most of the time, because too much shimmer doesnt look too good.

I've got pale skin, dark brown hair and blue eyes.

On my skin, I wear a tinted moisturizer from ACO Skincare. I apply it on my forehead, along my cheekbones and on my chin. I blend well. It gives me a fresh colour, without looking fake or "tan".

Then I apply some peach-coloured blush. L''Oreal Blush Delicieux in 08-Nougat poudrè is a favourite. I also use The Body Shop stick blush in pinkish-tones.

I like black mascara, because it brings out the paleness in my skin. When it comes to eyeshadows, I haven't really figured out what's best for pale skin. I like light browns, gold, white, silver, pink and smokey eyes. All of these colours bring out the blue in my eyes.

I always wear red or plum-coloured lipstick.

Bronze:
0020_Ansikte_Bronze_S.jpg
(acohud.se)

Blush:
bohobeauty5.jpg
(minettes.nl)

L'Oreal panoramic curl mascara:
200.jpg
(drugstore.com)

MAC Lipstick in Russian Red:
108507.jpg
(cosmeticmall.com)

MAC Lipstick Sheer Plum
01917183002.jpg
(strawberrynet.com)

VainJane said:
Ooooo, I like that Russian Red lipstick ^

It looks great on pale skin. I think it's a bit dry, but combined with a good lipbalm, it's fantastic.

I asked a MAC-artist about what colours I should wear, and she suggested their lipstick in "Redwood".

Don't think it's as dark as it seems here:
is
(beautysupply.us.com)

I love that Russian Red..
I will have to try it.

I love MAC's shell pearl beauty powder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members