Paris Street Style #2

p.jpg

source: own photo

^Terrible "pants"!!! Boring shoes. Parisians are better than this!

It's probably because I live here and study fashion design, but I don't get why people think parisians are so stylish. I mean half the time they wear very basic things... Nothing out of the ordinary.. (and yeah, I get that wearing basics is also a style and you can find it stylish, but I kind of feel it's boring.. )

Parisians are definitely wearing basic things most of the time but I can assure you that her style is not really how a Parisian looks like. Here are some pictures *edit* by me to illustrate what I'm saying:

Attachments

• fashionspot.JPG
    fashionspot.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 38
  • fashionspot1.JPG
    fashionspot1.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 25
Last edited by a moderator:
I know that she's a bad example, I live in Paris too :smile: But even on your pictures, there is nothing that screams stylish. Yes they are dressed nicely, but that's it imo.. ^_^'

I guess it all depends on what one considers "stylish"...

It's probably because I live here and study fashion design, but I don't get why people think parisians are so stylish. I mean half the time they wear very basic things... Nothing out of the ordinary.. (and yeah, I get that wearing basics is also a style and you can find it stylish, but I kind of feel it's boring.. )

I don't get it either. Parisian men tend to be extremely stylish, or at least put together. You just walk around Marais to see that. But women tend to be a mess as if they just threw stuff on (which they probably did. most people in any city aren't fashion conscious) or they're very ordinary. I think outsiders think Parisian women should like Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's.

I know that she's a bad example, I live in Paris too But even on your pictures, there is nothing that screams stylish. Yes they are dressed nicely, but that's it imo.. '

We're talking about regular people here, with regular jobs not fashion folks. So the style must not be as spectacular as during fashion week.

^ Street style isn't just taking pictures of regular people, that wouldn't be particularly interesting.

it's about regular people wearing outfits that catch your eye, that tells you about them or whatever. Isn't that why street style is awesome? because ordinary, regular people still manage to have personal style, something original that sticks out from the basic "what everyone else wears" clothes?
But I maybe don't get it because I'm used to seeing all of these fashion students everyday, and going to artistic places and fashion week where people express themselves through clothes more

I came to this thread to see a bundle of inspiration, but have yet to see some! :( Maybe it's just me but so boring.

Paris Haute Couture Fall 2014 Street Style
IVbdUJv.jpg

71VFygw.jpg

bbllhCO.jpg

q13wp6Y.jpg

HZN1SOO.jpg

RXlcQWv.jpg

oFQP49S.jpg

w4Ifvo2.jpg

iRYvVa8.jpg

TcFO6B5.jpg

vanityfair.com