Patrick Cox Splits from Charles Jourdan

kimair

frozen
Reaction score
from today's WWD:

PARIS — Designer Patrick Cox and Charles Jourdan, the French luxury footwear and accessories firm, said on Wednesday that they were parting ways after a two-year collaboration.

Jourdan hired Cox, who is Canadian and based in London, in January 2003, with a mission to rev up the aging brand, which had its heyday in the 1970s.

He quickly introduced sexier designs and generated buzz. Elizabeth Hurley was among the stars to be photographed in his Jourdan designs.

But when a Luxembourg-based investment firm, Lux Diversity SA, purchased Jourdan in September 2003, the relationship began to sour, according to people familiar with the situation.

Cox was reported to have considered leaving Jourdan as early as last year.

A spokesman for Jourdan said the firm expects to name a successor by the end of January.

Cox’s last collection will be fall-winter 2005, which is already designed, the spokesman said. It will be presented to the press in March in Paris.

A spokeswoman for Cox declined to comment.
I never saw any of his shoes for Jourdan...were they nice?

I found them a bit clumpy....and not in the Prada-esque sense.

i've seen them...but i had no idea that patrick cox was working for them...
i also did not know he is canadian...i always thought he was british...

the company has been a bit of a mess for awhile now...hopefully this will get them back on track...

thanks for the topic kimair...:D

softgrey said:

the company has been a bit of a mess for awhile now...hopefully this will get them back on track...

British Vogue (oct 2003) has a great article on the cox/jourdan affiliation...

p.s I originally presumed he was british too !

softgrey said:

One of my friends used to work there - they left before xmas - more rumours that no one got paid this month. Again. Looks like they could go bust. I saw the last Charles Jourdan collection in L'officiel accessoire magazine. It's not very nice. :(

i've previously seen the collection, and i have to say it didn't impress me well. and also: i believe charles jourdan was delivering better design before cox, at least some of them, IMO!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silvercat90
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->