Perfect #03 F/W 2022.23

Had an amazing time editing this issue. ❤️

You may think having multiple covers dilute its effect but we think the opposite. It’s 2022. We have the capability of celebrating multiple (and a very diverse group of people) and giving them covers — why not? Perfect is a biannual. If we stuck to a one cover per issue mindset we’ll only have 2 covers a year.

Also, there’s also talent politics to consider. X, Y, Z talent won’t be shot unless you give them a cover.

Having multiple covers make everyone (well, almost) happy - talent, photographers, advertisers and readers (they can buy their favorite cover to collect)!

I do hope you get to treat yourself with this issue. It’s a good one!

Love,
Bryanboy

Jesus, Katie. Edit, edit, edit. Do we need to see the entire issue sprawled across the many unneccessary covers? Nicole was sufficient enough. It's bold, it's daring and then you dilute its effect with 30 more covers.
The contents seem very intriguing, I'm interested to see more. Pity that the magazine is so expensive, but I do appreciate that feeling of exclusivity. Would love to get my hands on this issue, might treat myself this Christmas lol. I'm thoroughly excited about the last three previews with Kristen, Gisele and Raquel. Kristen's cover makes that pink Valentino look desirable for the first time, and it's all thanks to her. I always love seeing Gisele taken out of her standard comfort zone and thrown into new and exciting territories, Zhong Lin is an excellent photographer and I can't wait to see what they cooked up together. The cover doesn't work for me, but the image is promising.

Yesss Raquel's editorial looks amazing !!! I miss her everywhere :smile:

You may think having multiple covers dilute its effect but we think the opposite. It’s 2022. We have the capability of celebrating multiple (and a very diverse group of people) and giving them covers — why not? Perfect is a biannual. If we stuck to a one cover per issue mindset we’ll only have 2 covers a year.

Also, there’s also talent politics to consider. X, Y, Z talent won’t be shot unless you give them a cover.

Having multiple covers make everyone (well, almost) happy - talent, photographers, advertisers and readers (they can buy their favorite cover to collect)!

Love,
Bryanboy

Fair enough, but (on Katie Grand's example) Pop and Love were also biannual and neither needed up to 30 covers to celebrate the multiple and diverse groups of talents featured inside. However I'm still happy to see good fashion content today, regardless of how many covers it may come in! Those previews of Gisele's story are excellent. Looking very good so far!

Pop and Love were from a different time.

One of my favorite covers from this issue is Paloma’s. I just love how imperfect it is — some of the nails detached on set before this shot was taken yet it’s such a strong photograph. But most of all, I thought it was cool to turn this major image into a cover because traditionally, you’d only see this season’s Prada tank top (or any Prada for that matter) on cover girls of a certain size. We thought it would be nice to go the other way around.

9DDC6F5A-33E2-4161-9552-156119669882.jpeg

Perfect Magazine Digital Edition

Fair enough, but (on Katie Grand's example) Pop and Love were also biannual and neither needed up to 30 covers to celebrate the multiple and diverse groups of talents featured inside. However I'm still happy to see good fashion content today, regardless of how many covers it may come in! Those previews of Gisele's story are excellent. Looking very good so far!

Speaking of Prada, I also love the photos of Mrs. Prada, who is often photographed in her creations/uniform… but now she’s wearing a plain white t-shirt, shot by David Sims.

45CCE15B-8BE0-4823-BB25-2C4F095F36D7.jpeg

53E36EDB-C4C7-493E-89AD-0CB43D2EBDCA.jpeg

Perfect Magazine Digital Edition - photos obtained by Bryanboy

I always like Katie as an editor. Love was a great publication and I am still sceptical about Perfect but this issue is amazing. The idea of taking an upcoming photographer to shoot different stories with such a distinctive pool of talents (and women) is great and some other magazines should learn.

So well done to Katie and to you @BettinaBuffe !

Love,
Bryanboy
Bryan help me
Where i can get the issue online? On the site its UK only and i live in Brazil :unsure:

Fabulous issue! Unapologetically fashionable. Wish I could collect it but I'm not going to Europe this year again, lol.

is this issue actually sort of "one photographer" issue ? all covers are by Zhong Lin ?

is this issue actually sort of "one photographer" issue ? all covers are by Zhong Lin ?

Nope, the cover with Vivienne Rohner is by Inez & Vinoodh.

Indeed.

It’s not a “one photographer” kind of issue. Most of the covers (with the odd exception) revolve around the Perfect Awards — and we commissioned that to Zhong Lin.

I wanna circle back to the “why the multiple covers” question — *some* talents won’t take part in a shoot unless there’s a cover involved — same with *some* photographers (who won’t shoot unless it’s a cover story). Likewise with *some* advertisers. Some talents won’t even shoot with photographers they’ve never worked with. And some photographers we have worked with become unavailable as soon as they get poached/sign exclusive contracts with a corporate publishing house… so that’s that. There’s always politics involved behind the scenes and in the end, we try to do our best with what and who we have available!

I know I've given Katie a lot of flack in the past for pulling attention-seeking moves with LOVE, but ultimately I do admire her ability to have fun with fashion. Moreover you have to give her credit for really successfully launching new photographers into the major league (e.g. Mert and Marcus and more recently Rafael Pavarotti).

This issue really intrigues me; loads of powerful imagery so far. For context Zhong Lin who has shot most of what we've seen so far, produced those really strong cover stories for Vogue Taiwan in January (plastic covered mermaid) and June (blindfolds), so it's no surprise that she's continuing great work here with top and supermodels. Wouldn't be surprised if this is a break out moment for her of sorts and we see her everywhere in 2023.

From Pop to Love to Perfect....what is Katie's next title? Amazing or Chic?:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->