Peta At Parsons

stylegurrl

Reaction score
PETA at Parsons
Anti-fur group gets equal billing, plus an animal-free fashion show

NEW YORK - Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Students at Parsons have been toiling for years with free fur and partaking in an industry-sponsored fashion show as part of a program conducted by the fur trade. But come this Thursday, PETA will get its foot in the design school’s doors with a presentation aimed at helping students make informed choices about using animal skins.

Included in the presentation will be a video presentation—which will be shown to the entire senior class—showing not only how minks and foxes are trapped, drowned, or electrocuted for their fur, but also how cows and sheep live and die on intensive factory farms for the leather and wool trades.

Students troubled by the video will be relieved to hear that at the presentation, PETA will announce its sponsorship of an annual animal-free fashion show where Parsons students will be able to explore modern materials like ultrasuede and synthetic shearling, as well as traditional fabrics like cotton and linen. "It's easy to be creative without being destructive," says PETA vice president Dan Mathews, who will lead the discussion. "We're thrilled that Parsons is allowing students to make informed choices about using animal skins rather than just letting them be seduced by fur industry handouts."

Fashion Week Daily

:flower:
I know that Stella McCartney does this.
Although her leather-free footwear's apparently not of very good quality...

Originally posted by stylegurrl@Sep 7 2004, 07:00 PM
Fashion Week Daily
[snapback]358806[/snapback]​

Wow! Good for them!

I'm kind of on the fence concerning fur. . .

I feel it's wrong to kill animals just so we can wear their flesh... simply because I'm an animal-lover.

But... the other half would say that it looks a bit glamorous... especially on such figures as Kate Moss.

Either way, even if I wanted to wear fur, which I don't think I would, I wouldn't be able to because I can't even afford it. :blink:

Ah well. :yuk:

Ridiculous.

Kate Moss does not look glamourous in fur.

Nadja Auermann does.

Originally posted by Incroyable@Sep 8 2004, 12:52 AM
Ridiculous.

Kate Moss does not look glamourous in fur.

Nadja Auermann does.
[snapback]358992[/snapback]​

Yeah! Remember how much fun Nadja was having at the Dolce&Gabbana show?

As much as I like meat, fur and leather , I think ths is great! :woot:

i ve never been able to differenciate between faux and real fur unless when its stated>>

man never got anywhere without killing animals

if PETA were cavemen we would still be wearing leaves and running around with dinosaurs :lol:

Originally posted by Acid@Sep 8 2004, 06:26 PM

if PETA were cavemen we would still be wearing leaves and running around with dinosaurs :lol:
[snapback]359122[/snapback]​
:lol:

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Sep 8 2004, 07:20 AM
But now that we've gotten past that, why revert?
[snapback]359196[/snapback]​

...we've gotten past it? exactly at what point in history have humans not used animals for food or clothing?

Originally posted by Acid@Sep 8 2004, 02:26 AM

[snapback]359122[/snapback]​
Well at least we wouldn't be killing things

i think this is great1 I'm very glad that people are being educated.

I have to say that it is unnesecary and ridiculous to put animals in very small boxes which causes the poor things to eat their own tails and when they finally get out of the cage there necks will be snapped or they will be electrocuted so that some rich snob will be able to accesoirise on a cocktail party. At least when we were still cave men we really needed the fur in a matter of life and death, no we can use a thousand other fabrics and thus fur has become absolutely unnesecary and killing and torturing those poor minks and chinchillas too. So I say this is a wonderfull idea! :flower:

Just my 2 cents....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->