Mariah Carey, Lady Gaga and Pink Unite for PETA Campaign

Maybe it was her way of expressing how ridiculous and sickening it looks to wear a slaughtered animal on your body? Just sayin'.

True, but isn't the hypocrisy still there? I think it is. That meat was wasted as soon as it was taken off of Gaga. I can be pretty sure of that. (Who'd eat it? Right?)

I wonder if PETA is going to try and get some celebrities together for Meatless Mondays or GoVeg. I know Paul was big in that and though he may not have the star power of Gaga as of now, he might be able to sway the "older" population.

There's a clear difference between eating meat and wearing fur.

So I don't find it hypocritical at all.
Oh really? There is a difference because you say so? :blink:

A fur coat you can wear for years, if you eat a cow it's out of your system within 24 hours.

I really do find it very hypocritical.

Oh really? There is a difference because you say so? :blink:

A fur coat you can wear for years, if you eat a cow it's out of your system within 24 hours.

I really do find it very hypocritical.

Based on your logic, it's hypocritical because a fur coat lasts for years while eating meat only lasts for 24 hours? That's very strange to say the least.

A fur coat doesn't do anything for you except keep you warm and make you look pretty (looking pretty isn't a necessity and not all fur coats are pretty); and keeping warm you can easily get through layering layers of ugly blankets. Fur coats are purely vanity in this discussion, unlike eating meat.

Eating meat has its nutritional value, no matter what your stance is on vegetarianism/veganism. And eating meat for nutritional reasons is far different from wearing fur just to look pretty.

PETA is hypocritical in this sense; but not Gaga.

:rolleyes:
People love nit picking these days.

I agree with Leeroi. The qualities of a fur coat (good looks and warmth) can easily be replaced by other things. But the nutritional qualities of meat can not be replaced. Also evolutionists will tell you that meat is a main contributor to the enlargement of our brains since we were apes or whatever.

You can get all the proteins you need elsewhere. You don't need to eat meat, you don't need to wear fur and you don't need to wear leather. All people do at least one of three, which is essentially killing and exploiting animals for no reason other than it's pretty/convenient. Which is the reason I find all anti-fur meat-eating people incredibly hypocritical.

BTW We only have big brains because women have a pelvis suitable for giving birth to big-headed babies. This is primarily the reason why Neanderthals became extinct - their brains evolved, the pelvis didn't.

Mariah Carey is a big fur wearer, isn't she?

This campaign is a joke.:lol: If I were Pink, I'd be furious.

You can get all the proteins you need elsewhere. You don't need to eat meat, you don't need to wear fur and you don't need to wear leather. All people do at least one of three, which is essentially killing and exploiting animals for no reason other than it's pretty/convenient. Which is the reason I find all anti-fur meat-eating people incredibly hypocritical.

BTW We only have big brains because women have a pelvis suitable for giving birth to big-headed babies. This is primarily the reason why Neanderthals became extinct - their brains evolved, the pelvis didn't.

Yes, you can get the proteins else where like nuts and soy milk and veggies. But meat is practically the only source of complete proteins unlike non-meat where you have to eat several different kinds.

And let's not get started on how overtly expensive "healthy" eating can be in America or many developed western countries where meat production seems to be much cheaper than vegetable production.

Your average working family won't be able to afford or even have the time to think about all the vegetables, nuts, legumes, and meat-alternatives you need to make complete proteins; where as they can just simply buy a pack of cheap chicken.

I'm vegetarian myself, but I don't find the hypocrisy there whatsoever. What about people who live in arctic regions where vegetable production is practically nonexistent? They're the only ones who practically have justified reason to wear fur and eat animals; are they exploiting animals as well?

Even then, I still find your first statement ("A fur coat you can wear for years, if you eat a cow it's out of your system within 24 hours") extremely strange when it comes to this discussion. You practically justified wearing a fur coat.

Let's not get over the simple facts:
Gaga is anti-fur.
Gaga never said "I love animals and animals should never be killed."

If she would have said she's anti-fur and animals should never be killed but still insists on eating meat; then yes she would be hypocritical. But she only has taken a stance on anti-fur.

Remaining on my original stance on this; PETA is the hypocritical one.

And let's not get started on how overtly expensive "healthy" eating can be in America or many developed western countries where meat production seems to be much cheaper than vegetable production.

Your average working family won't be able to afford or even have the time to think about all the vegetables, nuts, legumes, and meat-alternatives you need to make complete proteins; where as they can just simply buy a pack of cheap chicken.

I'm vegetarian myself, but I don't find the hypocrisy there whatsoever. What about people who live in arctic regions where vegetable production is practically nonexistent? They're the only ones who practically have justified reason to wear fur and eat animals; are they exploiting animals as well?
OMG :lol: It's not more expensive going vegan than buying meat. I think that people in some countries just aren't educated enough :innocent:And does it matter? Really?

Does it really matter how people in the arctic regions get their veggies? Hint: They import them. They can still buy veggies. I mean, that is a stupid justification - every single person in the developed countries are able to get the nutrition they need without harming animals. And then people go mad over fur? Stupid, stupid, stupid. And hypocritical. If people were so concerned about animal rights then they wouldn't eat meat or wear leather. But they do. And I find it hilarious.

I don't mind fur. I eat meat. So shoot me. To me it doesn't matter if the animal is killed for fur or for meat, it's still bred and killed so we can exploit it one way or another. I don't think either reason is better than the other.

OMG :lol: It's not more expensive going vegan than buying meat. I think that people in some countries just aren't educated enough :innocent:And does it matter? Really?

Does it really matter how people in the arctic regions get their veggies? Hint: They import them. They can still buy veggies. I mean, that is a stupid justification - every single person in the developed countries are able to get the nutrition they need without harming animals. And then people go mad over fur? Stupid, stupid, stupid. And hypocritical. If people were so concerned about animal rights then they wouldn't eat meat or wear leather. But they do. And I find it hilarious.

I don't mind fur. I eat meat. So shoot me. To me it doesn't matter if the animal is killed for fur or for meat, it's still bred and killed so we can exploit it one way or another. I don't think either reason is better than the other.

Wait, are you telling me people who live in sub-arctic regions in Canada can easily and inexpensively import veggies? That's news to me.

I see you live in Denmark, unless you're lying. So before you start your "I think that people in some countries just aren't educated enough", you may need to educate yourself in other people's governmental practices. Did you know the USA's government subsidies meat and dairy production more than vegetable farming? Oh, yes, that's why hamburgers are cheaper than salads in many restaurants. You dear may need to educate yourself. Oh, and it does matter what is cheaper and affordable when the average income is barely enough to even afford your monthly mortgage. :rolleyes:

So vanity and nutrition are equally as bad of a reason for killing animals? :lol: I guess such statements are expected in a fashion forum.

Also, Gaga has yet to make statements about how much she's for "animal rights". She's simply anti-fur. Just putting it out there since people love getting way over ahead of themselves before properly educating themselves on this topic.

Ahh no. You try living in an arctic region in the middle of the Pacific ocean and say that. Where I live produce is more expensive than meat. That's why we have so many vegetarians protesting and complaining to the government to drop produce prices. .
Eating meat helps you grow, wearing fur doesn't. Killing animals for meat has benefits for humanity, killing animals for fur is a waste. It's absurd to give these 2 things the same weight.

I could have sworn Mariah was a major fur wearer, but even if it was faux fur...where exactly do the lines stop. We all know how radical PETA is, but as for their spokespeople? not so much. that goes for all of them that wear leather in their Louboutin's or Guiseppe Zanotti's as well.

I'd be willing to bet you could find faults in all their spokespeople

PETA Campaign Billboard with Mariah, Gaga Nixed

PETA's "Fur-Free and Fabulous" campaign billboard, which was earlier announced as being unveiled in Los Angeles, has been scrapped. The billboard; supposedly to feature Mariah, Lady Gaga and P!nk and hoisted at the corner of Sunset Blvd. and La Brea; will no longer be done and erected. According to PETA spokesperson Michelle Cho, in reply to MDJ's inquiry: "No, it is not going up at that location [Los Angeles] or anywhere else."

mariahjournal

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
honeybabe
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->