Pooja Mor

Stella McCartney Resort 2016

zuppgo.jpg

wwd

At Stella McCartney Resort 2016

models.com, style.com

vogue.com
With her major runway debut at last month’s Louis Vuitton resort show in Palm Springs, Indian model Pooja Mor is one of the season’s breakout stars—she was discovered via Instagram, after detouring from her expected career path. While still an engineering student, Mor entered a university beauty pageant (“It’s a girly thing to do, and I’m not girly at all, but I won!” she says), prompting her to take a “vacation” after graduating school to pursue modeling.

Now Mor’s on permanent holiday, flying to all corners of the earth for shoots and fashion shows. But no matter how far she gets from India, she always carries at least one reminder of home with her: a coveted blue jar of virgin coconut oil. It’s the secret behind her tousled lengths of hydrated, raven waves, and Mor says she uses the natural moisturizer weekly. “In India, it is really normal to put coconut oil in your hair, and my family has always done this,” she says of the frizz-fighting trick also beloved by newcomer models like Marga Esquivel. “I do it on the weekends, put on a towel, and sleep with it. Then I wash it with [Moroccanoil] shampoo and conditioner.” And the au naturel beauty regiment doesn’t stop at the roots. “I don’t wear makeup,” says Mor. “I have dry skin, so I don’t wash it with soap so much!”

style.com

Though she only made her runway debut a month ago, Mor has already become one of the most-buzzed-about models of the moment. Hailing from Mumbai, Mor studied engineering before hitting the runway. Resort saw her debuting at Louis Vuitton, then bringing her effervescent beauty to Hugo Boss and Stella McCartney.

Saw her on style.com. She is absolutely gorgeous. Can't get enough of her beauty. I want to see more. :heart:

Dazed Fall 2015
photographer: Charlotte Wales
stylist: Tom Guinness

dazeddigital via Fashion Mayhem

I was wondering who she was when I saw that Dazed Editorial. Love her!

Wonder who's going to snatch her up first for a cosmetic contract!

http://intothegloss.com/2015/05/pooja-mor/

Any makeup brand would be smart to sign her! I could see her with Lancôme or Estee Lauder.

Agreed! Lancome in particular seems to be making very conscious efforts to recruit women from many different backgrounds, which I thoroughly applaud. Pooja's refinement and class would sit well at Lancome. I'm excited to see where her career goes.

Vogue Italia September 2015
Photographer: Steven Meisel
Styling: Karl Templer
Makeup: Pat McGrath
Hair: Jimmy Paul

provided by @Mat_Cyrus via Oxymore

Favorite shot of the whole story! Love her deep, pensive expression in front of chaotic NYC backdrop -- Meisel really captured a moment. :heart:

Beyond happy to see her have a Meisel moment, my fingers were crossed that she'd get the chance to work with him. Here's hoping it's not just a moment!

The potential versatility of this girl is really is sort of endless--her face can be described as everything from strong to sensual to edgy to sophisticated.

and now Meisel..! Pristine bookings out of the gate for the sublime Miss Mor. The new girl to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmozale
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->