Post a Totally Random Moment From Fashion History...

I think often of this quote about Alexander wang at balenciaga: “we asked for an artist and they sent us a painter”.

I have no idea where I read it but it’s so lovely haha
I love the quote as well 🤣 But tbh, if you hire Alexander Wang you know you are not even getting a painter… more of a road painter.

traveling in japan, 1984, around when mm began working for gaultier,
and two years before the other five and dirk van saene who took the pic showed in london and started being called antwerp six.

six1.jpg
fashion-archive

NYC 1984
220810_ISSEY-MIYAKE_1980_12.jpg
wwdjapan

2006, at izakaya
takahiro miyashita between ann and jun
R0012126.jpg
from honeyee, jun's blog that used to be

There was a fight between Mariacarla Boscono and Aymeline Valade with the security at the backstage of Hakaan FW2013. I can’t find any picture on the internet but it was so dramatic back then.

Backstage fight at Hakaan FW 2013, models, photographers and security

While the elegance of the Hakaan collection was parading of the catwalk of the Westin Hotel in Paris, backstage today we had a fight with models fighting to have their pictures taken by photographers, while some people from the security was trying to prevent that in a rather aggressive way. it is true that at times photographers who work backstage position themselves in all sorts of places in order to get the best shots, but this time they were all just trying quite peacefully to photograph some of the looks while the models were coming back to the backstage after the finale of the show. Italian model Maria Carla Boscono and French model Aymeline Valade were posing for the few photographers but security kept on stepping in front of them, pushing photographers and interfering with the girls. Maria Carla did her best to explain security that it is the photographer’s job to take pictures of the looks, they is why they are there, but the guy did non want to listen. After some rough moments, people yelling and getting upset, it all ended up with all of us laugh and shaking our heads. So here we go, you cannot see the clothes properly, but you’ll get an idea of the argument!
backstageconfidential.net (from Aymeline’s thread)

jack nicholson wanted to fall into insanity in his own margaret howell jacket.

145035a01b7e0f73be5eb11b96b30dba0e97c9a0.gif

dornish-queen

KATE MOSS no show at the Dior Fall 2007 Couture show last minute
maxresdefault.jpg

I always wonder what happened to her outfit. Did they book a filler girl to wear her outfit? Or maybe they swapped outfits and Amber wore hers... questions... questions...

(At least Trentini knew her place :blush:)

Quote from Irina Lazareanu about the Dior Fall 2007 couture show

There were three separate makeup tents assigned to different ranks: ‘model’, ‘supermodel’, or ‘super supermodel’. Whoever had this brilliant idea wasn’t long for this world. Ranking supermodels in order of importance isn’t something any mortal should ever attempt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lovetolove
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->