Post a Totally Random Moment From Fashion History...

Tbh, I would have been fine with her reaction if this was her first season.
It wasn’t her first season of her first Lanvin show. If she was booked and agreed to do the show was I suspect because he liked her and she liked working for the brand.

And Alber was known for working with strong walkers.

So, I felt for him (given that I worked BTS too). There’s so much pressure and things moving around Backstage that suddenly, a good walker who couldn’t walk becomes suddenly an added unpleasant surprise to deal with.

They switched the styling for her.

But yeah, I think overall the modeling industry is very difficult even more when you are dealing with personal issues.
From memory with this show too, she wasn't the only one struggling with the shoes. Others were experiencing cracking of the perspex heel so that's why there were so many flats worn in the show. Although her case was just an inability to walk well in the shoes and not a faulty sample pair.

Something similar-ish happened at McQueen Spring 2009 I think where the Swarovski crystal heels supposedly cracked during rehearsals so they had to bring in a couple of their spares for those closing looks (and not sure if there were others used earlier where different shoes had be swapped in). This was also another show she struggled with re: Corset Gate after also stumbling at Rodarte earlier that season lol.

Alber was always very generous with his models as well, and incredibly loyal. He was also very hands on when it came to the casting and styling too so he seems very direct but still had a warmth to him dealing with the situation. Freja gets it though. It's just how it is, which Abbey couldn't exactly handle at the time.

From memory with this show too, she wasn't the only one struggling with the shoes. Others were experiencing cracking of the perspex heel so that's why there were so many flats worn in the show. Although her case was just an inability to walk well in the shoes and not a faulty sample pair.

Something similar-ish happened at McQueen Spring 2009 I think where the Swarovski crystal heels supposedly cracked during rehearsals so they had to bring in a couple of their spares for those closing looks (and not sure if there were others used earlier where different shoes had be swapped in). This was also another show she struggled with re: Corset Gate after also stumbling at Rodarte earlier that season lol.

Alber was always very generous with his models as well, and incredibly loyal. He was also very hands on when it came to the casting and styling too so he seems very direct but still had a warmth to him dealing with the situation. Freja gets it though. It's just how it is, which Abbey couldn't exactly handle at the time.

And she was canceled last minute from Chloé's F/W 08 show. Wonder what happened then.

Only Carine Roitfeld dared to do it
Snejana as Anna for Vogue Paris in 2007

View attachment 1268425View attachment 1268426View attachment 1268427View attachment 1268428
Carine was unstoppable! Too bad she went to the US after VP.
I remember when the issue came out, we were on fire in the studio! It was so hilarious and because Anna did wore Prada at the premiere of TDWP, we were wondering if she was going to wear any of those looks at PFW!

Mademoiselle Agnes going to the shows dressed up as Anna and entering a show without showing her invitation was a great one too!

One of my hobbies is collecting designer Barbie dolls (I have both Versace and Versus dolls too). The only one I'm missing is Karl Lagerfeld Barbie, but I'm not ready to sell one of my kidneys on a black market to get her, because she is insanely expensive now. :doh:
View attachment 1268409

Another one is Moschino Barbie, which was given exclusively to attendees in the front row at the Moschino SS 2015 fashion show:
View attachment 1268411
compromise plan C

112.jpg
gqjapan

Anna on the cover of Industrie (I can't even remember how many issues this magazine ended up having before folding... six or seven?)
The last issue I had was issue 8 (Spring/Summer 2015) with Edward Enniful and Naomi Campbell on the cover.

edit. I googled and apparently there was issue 9 with Edie Campbell on the cover afterwards.

Swatches of Gisele's bedsheets (and a male model's underwear) that accompanied each copy of the 46th edition of Visionaire, edited by Testino.

p1020244.jpg

fashionartbooks.wordpress.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stephenandrebecca
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->