Post a Totally Random Moment From Fashion History...

The disappearance of Christophe Decarnin.

He brought Balmain back from the dead in 2006, did not attend his show in March 2011 amid reports from NYT that he had "stopped communicating with the company's management" and was officially out a month later.

View attachment 1269692
source: THEFASHIONISTO.COM

Flash forward to 2014, he became CD of... Faith Connexion; and has been pretty elusive ever since.
He is still involved with Faith Connexion actually. I don’t know in which capacities but he is very much part of that collective.

I think Decarnin wasn’t prepared for success, didn’t expect that kind of success (nobody was at Balmain at the time) and therefore didn’t expect what was coming with such a huge success and it expectations from a business POV.

Balmain was really that old dusty Couture house with it Atelier making those RTW clothes. The first collection had a little buzz in the industry because of the people involved but by the second, they went from hits to hits! And it means dealing with more things on top of the pressure of pleasing the audience.

It’s interesting to see that now he is hidden behind a collective now.

I wonder how his relationship with Emmanuelle has evolved though.

Paula Yates asking Karl: "What do you like doing in bed?" (but the interview is kind of cute, when he confesses the bad foods he likes)

Gosh it’s crazy to say this, thank god nobody knows who I am in this forum, but I seriously miss him like if he was a friend. I grew up listening to him and never found anyone that thought so alike. I would fall asleep listening to the audio of Un Roi Seul in my iPod (how vintage) when I was young. He was just beyond smart and funny. His voice is heartwarming for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    terarcher1111
    Back
    monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
    <-- Admiral -->