Post a Totally Random Moment From Fashion History...

In the lover's book, the best parts are when he describes how sh*tty Yves and Pierre were to each other (allegedly). Supposedly Yves KEYED Pierre's Jaguar one day with the word "fumier" and trashed Pierre's office MULTIPLE times... they had to eventually had the sense to double lock it.

Thadée Klossowski's journals (Vie rêvée) are also moderately entertaining, if you ignore everything about HIS boring life. There's another anecdote about... Pierre being so distraught by the Jacques de Bascher affair (allegedly) that he was crying in the street in front of a hotel. The doorman told him to cry somewhere else. There's also bits of info about Pierre's affair with Helmut Berger (...), Yves chasing Thadée around with poppers/begging him to sleep with him, Loulou's crazy antics, and Karl has some moments but he's pretty begin.

1715908921942.png
purepeople

Last edited:
Oh... another detail... Yves mostly wanted to spend time in bed with the lover and Moujik, watching old movies and eating caviar (in the 90s). Apparently one of the Moujiks was fed so much human/unhealthy food by Yves that the dog got diabetes. 😔

He has 2 kids... that were born before the affairs began, was having an affair with one of the YSL house models too and, oh, his grandmother was a cleaning lady for the maison AND his dad had an affair with Pierre (when HE was a driver lmao), too. Maybe I downloaded the book... and read it... 😬

Never heard of the woman Yves was allegedly in love with. Hmm... 🕵️‍♀️
I don't think I've ever read something that messy, HAHA !

Probably posted here already, but the Dior by Galliano Haute Couture show inspired by Paris' homeless people in S/S 2000. I remember the outrage that it provoked, and the fascination that it exerted on 13 yo me. Almost a quarter of a century later, I still ponder whether this was a subversive piece of genius social critique or a crass display of mépris de classe...

Dior & Galliano 2001 identical shows:

christian-dior-spring-2001-ready-to-wear-00000-rhea-durham.jpg
00020-john-galliano-spring-2001-rhea-durham.jpg

Probably posted here already, but the Dior by Galliano Haute Couture show inspired by Paris' homeless people in S/S 2000. I remember the outrage that it provoked, and the fascination that it exerted on 13 yo me. Almost a quarter of a century later, I still ponder whether this was a subversive piece of genius social critique or a crass display of mépris de classe...
Of course, this inspired the iconic Derelicte collection by Mugatu.

Oh... another detail... Yves mostly wanted to spend time in bed with the lover and Moujik, watching old movies and eating caviar (in the 90s). Apparently one of the Moujiks was fed so much human/unhealthy food by Yves that the dog got diabetes. 😔
Yves why were you so messy!?!? And the poor dog/s. Can imagine he had multiple and when one died, he would cry and cry until Pierre replaced it with another to pull him out of his emotional stupor.

it's the best collection he's ever produced imo. all you have to do is look at the way he was able to cut those clothes and you can't help but stare in awe at the sheer mastery of it. it's absolutely extraordinary even 24 years later.

Children's books about fashion designers, let's just say some are better than others (I used to purchase some of these for an old job lol)...

This one about Elsa Schiaparelli was quite nice

1715961804467.png

This one about Coco Chanel, not so much... basically the moral is: "She was skinny!!"

1715961891461.png

amazon

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judy123
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->