Prada Mens S/S 2018 : Joe Alwyn by Willy Vanderperre

zzzyao76

Reaction score
prada-ss18-advertising-campaign_ascension.jpg

wwd

Last edited by a moderator:
Expected....
Prada has maybe the worst taste in choosing male celebrities for their campaigns.
I'll never understand why a brand with such a bold and interesting take on menswear always choose the most unstylish men ever.

I miss an interesting concept from Prada.

Joe kinda looks like Lea Seydoux.

Kinda horrible. Why do all of Willy's ads for Prada look the same?

i had to google this guy. he looks like a young paul banks from interpol, only less interesting... still, that first photo could easily pass as an interpol publicity photo from 2001

He looks twelve. Expressionless empty eyes. Pass.

This whole collection was not really interesting anyhow. It kinda fits

Also: I found a pair of pants I had in the 90s and I found this exact type of rubber tag near the pocket:P sans logo
I'm sure I have another pair... such a weird decoration.

I am sure this is just the beginning of another 365 campaign series which might feature more male models for the upcoming sections...

This one might be treated as "resort" one for menswear like Dane DeHaan's campaign last year.

I am sure this is just the beginning of another 365 campaign series which might feature more male models for the upcoming sections...

This one might be treated as "resort" one for menswear like Dane DeHaan's campaign last year.

I really hope that they don't. They went overboard with the Campaign for fall. Less is more!

Is this Taylor Swift's rumored boyfriend?

Lol, yes.

She seems to have a penchant for British men, just like Taylor. While the guy may look like a model, this is just vacant and dead. Willy Vanderperre is the worst thing to happen to Prada, perhaps to fashion as well.

OMG, he is gorg. I want him as a bf too. :lol:

Expected....
Prada has maybe the worst taste in choosing male celebrities for their campaigns.
I'll never understand why a brand with such a bold and interesting take on menswear always choose the most unstylish men ever.

I miss an interesting concept from Prada.

Joe kinda looks like Lea Seydoux.

Ditto they always look like grumpy kids, the fault is all in the casting for me.

Worst Prada mens campaign ever? Possibly.

i never understood there prada and willy vanderperre collab. never will.

i never understood there prada and willy vanderperre collab. never will.

It worked the first time because his aesthetic was a perfect match for the collections, the womenswear was a match made in heaven. As time goes on it's obvious that he doesn't have the versatility or imagination to shoot for a brand as radical as Prada. Dior and Raf Simons both share the same clinical aesthetic, that's why it worked for so long. They should just change it up each season and use photographers that will suit each collection.

And now this atrocity... The web pics are weirdly darker that they should be, but I maybe even prefer them with the glitch.

I won't even embed the video here – it's the epythome of forced.

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

source: prada.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member