Prada S/S 11 Milan

the video that's been posted seems no longer available... here it is:
:heart:

i think this show was easier to digest than milan's... there were many nice new pieces. i'm in love with the dress at 5:50 and the last one on Arizona. i missed the lecuona soundtrack though.

Wow, I'm loving the Vogue Australia shots, that is exactly what I have imagined for this collection!

Vogue Australia with a better model, could be great.
And thats rare, cos Vogue Australia it's very bad, it seems like People o Glamour, a cheap magazine, so it's good a lil bit of Prada.

I've just realized Prada didn't release a fantasy lookbook this season :( What a pity, I always enjoyed them as much as the collection itself.

A fantasy motionbook! I knew Miuccia wouldn't leave us with nothing ^_^

honestly, who would have thought these fur stoles such must-have items when they first walked the catwalk some six months ago? and according to marc jacobs, shala monroque, and this new woman caught on the street, it's terribly now to wear them nonchalantly as scarves!

30811FashionNow_6378Web.jpg

(source: thesartorialist.blogspot.com)

^ I dont think I would have the balls to actually go into the Prada store, I get really intimidated when theres a lot of expensive clothes around me...

Prada Fantasy Lookbook S/S 2011

fashiongonerogue

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I dont think I would have the balls to actually go into the Prada store, I get really intimidated when theres a lot of expensive clothes around me...

Believe me I really get the balls to do it when I'm stopping by a Prada store only once or twice per year, actually :P

And thanks for posting the content of it! Now I can't wait to get it even more ^_^ Does anyone know if Miu Miu's having a lookbook in their stores as well?

^There's always a tiny intimidation factor when visiting a high-end store, but that all dissolves when I see the clothes. I was in New York recently, and stopped by the Prada store in SoHo :heart: It was magical. The layout was flawless and they had an amazing multi-level display featuring the SS11 collection, facing a massive ramp/half-pipe going down to the lower level of the store. It was all too much. I tried taking a picture but I was stopped by one of the security guards. He was nice about it though :P

^one should never get intimidated by high end retail especially a store like prada. ask anyone who has worked in high-end retail: it's all smoke and mirrors. the only reason they act like they do is because they don't want to "waste" time on people who don't want to buy anything. but really, they're harmless. and remember, if there's really a VIP in the store, you'd never know: the secret entrances and special store hours they provide for those folks really boggles the mind.

stores like prada have low-cost stuff -- think key chains, wallets, etc. -- so really it's pretty accessible to everyone. now stores like vbh or tom ford, those should intimidate.

This is true, re:key chains, wallets, etc. I'm totally aware of the façade put on by the associates at high-end retail stores, as I have a handful of friends who work at Holt Renfrew, along with other high-end flagships. For whatever reason, I can be a victim of the game, sometimes; I'd be a liar if I stated otherwise. The small intimidation factor, for me, comes, not from the associates, but from what the brand represents + the sticker tag of the coveted pieces I've been reading about/looking at/gawking over since seeing them on the runway, but can't have at the moment ($$$).

^ Do you guys know if you have to pay for the Lookbooks? or are they free... I would feel weird just going in for the freakin lookbook and then walk out LOL. I cant imagine what the sells ppl would say about me after I leave...

"Wow, he just came in for the lookbook. Obviously someone can only have the clothes in print just like guys wish they had those bimbos in men's magazines when they masturbate to them, ahahaha" :cry::lol:

oh forgot to ask.... do u guys also think that they might have the lookbooks at the Saks 5th Ave. here in Chicago? or do they just have them in their own stores, i rlly want one

Just go in and ask for it! no?
This winter i went to Marni and they had them layed out and i just asked if i could have it. They said, "of course! that's what they are for!" so yes it was free. Don't know why they would charge for a lookbook...who would buy a lookbook haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->