Proenza Schouler F/W 2016.17 : Julia Bergshoeff & Selena Forrest by Zoë Ghertner

LJYingLM

Reaction score

It was Jack, Laz and the girls for Proenza Schouler’s fall campaign. Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez enlisted an all-female crew for the ads, working with photographer Zoë Ghertner and their go-to stylist, Marie Chaix, to shoot Selena Forrest; Julia Bergshoeff, with whom the designers have worked before, and Alexa Peralta, who was found through a street casting.

“Themes of control and release in its many forms were explored, as were references that influenced the collection’s development, namely that of American art of the Sixties and Seventies,” said McCollough. “Mostly, however, the aim was to capture an attitude of complete individualism, strength and a celebration of diverse beauty that feels deeply relevant in today’s world,” said Hernandez.

Shot in Los Angeles, the images feature Forrest and Bergshoeff posed on ladders in what looks like an industrial parking lot, with a juxtaposition of tropical foliage and gritty warehouses and fences. Nikki Providence did hair, and Fara Homidi did makeup. The ads will appear in biannual editions of CR, Double, Love, Self Service, Pop, Garage, Purple and the Gentlewoman.
wwd

Julia :wub: her shot is beautiful.

If they're going to insist on this awful font, at least shift it to the bottom. Both shots are ok, but my eyes instantly went to Julia's ugly metal toe boots.

Nice shots, but the text placement is wrong in so many levels.

Text placement is baaad but nice pictures and I'm really happy for Julia !!

Full campaign including Alexa Peralta (assuming a street cast?)

proenzaschouler.com

Julia looks great - but honestly, these two dudes are just so freakin' pretentious. It's obnoxious.

Julia looks great - but honestly, these two dudes are just so freakin' pretentious. It's obnoxious.

True. I can't with them...Nothing feels genuine with these two. Even Prada looks less pretentious than this.
It could have been a great campaign.

^^^ Seeing models in designer duds straddling ladders on the more industrial part of the city is natural to you…??? LOL (I kid)

I’ve nothing against these guys, just never liked their designs. Their campaigns are even more overwrought, pointless and ultimately just nondescript in concept than their designs. I guess these girls are pretty… in that kind of common-pretty way, but they’re ultimately forgettable in how lacking in personality everything looks as a campaign. So I guess in that sense, everything works together. At least they’re consistent... in being bland.

(I don’t know why they have to tell us that it’s an all-women crew that produced this snoozefest? Cos the results are so joyless? So lifeless? So lacking in any hint of personality, or flair…????? Cos this is what women want to look at and want to look like, right??? So don't you dare criticize... The Row’s lookbooks display more feminine confidence without the need to tell us than this campaign.)

Maybe you guys hate me for that but I love PS and I don't think that they are pretentious. They are not like Vetements, they worked hard for almost a decade to be where they are today. The past 3 collections weren't so great, but I love what they doing, love their ads, their worry in make everything looks soft and fresh without forget of work in every detail of their clothes. I think they will leave a big legacy in the future.

^ totally agree

they are brilliant, their pieces are so well made and like nothing else! :smile: i love this campaign

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmozale
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->