Ralph Lauren Vs Micheal Gross

Fashion Puss

Reaction score
RALPH LAUREN still hasn't forgiven Michael Gross for the unauthorised biography that was published two years ago. According to PAGESIX.COM, the designer insisted that all Gross' work be removed from the bookstore in Boston's Museum of Fine Arts before he allows it to stage an exhibition featuring some of his most prized possessions. Speed, Style, and Beauty: Cars from the Ralph Lauren Collection will include a 1938 Bugatti Type 57SC Atlantic Coupe, of which only three were ever made, as well as a Count Trossi 1930 Mercedes-Benz SSK from Lauren's extensive collection. Word is, though, that he threatened to pull the entire exhibition should work by Gross be included in the shop. "I'm humbled and honoured," the author said. "I've always wanted to be banned in Boston."

I'm interested - what exactly did Gross say? Or can I not ask that in case the Ralph Lauren secret police come to silence me?
I heard that RL had threatened Vogue with withdrawing all its advertising if they ran a review of this book. :boxer:

well...
it looks like ralph has more power than michael gross ...
beause this is the first i'm hearing of any book...i haven't seen any promotion of it...
so i have no idea what it says...

but this isn't the first time michael gross has pissed off some big fashion people...he wrote an expose of the fashion industry many years ago and really got some people annoyed...i think it was in the early 90's...don't remember the details...
but i remember thinking...well...there goes his career...LOL...:lol:
i'm pretty sure he used to cover fashion for new york magazine...

thanks for bringing this up...puss...
an interesting little tidbit...
i also did not know anything about ralph's car addiction...:flower:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AprilL
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"