Red Hair

fortezza

Reaction score
I need some advice before I make a mistake.
I want to color my hair red but I don't know if it would look good on me or not.
My eyes are dark green and my skin looks somewhat tanned all year round.

Should I take the leep?

Personally...I would be a little leery. *Normally*, redheads are fair-skinned...and may look odd with your complexion, especially if you tan easily.

And of course - they always say that the hair you're born with looks best with your skin and features. :wink:

That's just my two cents!

I think it depends on what shade of red. if it closer to your natural hair color than it can work out.
it's true that most red-heads have fair skin, but it does not mean than your skin tone won't match. also, with green eys red looks amazing. and if you wnat to look super natural, then you can dye your eye brows same color.
in any case, i would not ry it on my own for the first time, definetely consult a professional colorist.

I wouldn't necessarily count out red because you don't have fair skin. Many African-American and Latina women look lovely with dyed red hair, for instance. I think if you have a deeper skin tone, a plum-red color or a brighter, intense red could work well. A lighter or more natural looking red (that approximates the look of someone with naturally red hair) may look better with fairer skin.

But only you can decide for sure. :wink:

fortezza...what shade of red ARE you thinking about?

my daughter has dark brown eyes, olive skin (gets SO tan in the summer) and she has the most amazing auburn hair! so i think if you went with a darker red you could get away with it.

I was thinking of a dark natural looking red. If I go too light it won't look good with my skin tone, plus the dark red will bring out my eyes.

I have pretty fair skin, but I do tan, and I have dark red hair. I think as long as you don't go strawberry blonde, it should look good.

I forgot to tell you guys that I finally did go red. Unfortunatly I don't have a pic to show you, but I came out pretty nice.

At first it was a shocker. Everyone's first reaction was "Red!" 'cause all my friends were used to my caramel hair. But now they it grew on them and they love it. They say it makes my green eyes stand out more.

My advice: Talk to your hairdresser first.

:smile:

I agree with others about general rule of wearing red shades. The fairer and lighter you are, go with lighter reds (strawberry blonde, orangey red or reds with orange base, and light auburn) like natural born redheads. But if you're darker than pale, then burgundy, cherry, intense red and auburn shades suit the best! I'm going to try L'oreal Excellence HiColor in Red Hot, which looks like a nice vibrant and intense red (not too light or dark, with no orange or violet base). :smile:

I'm glad you liked the outcome.

fortezza - it's been a while, how's the red working for you? Kudos for taking that big of a step w/ your hair, girl! Maybe my *virgin* hair is due for a change??

heyy...i have blonde hair and i want to put red in it. i want to have like mainly reddish then with some blonde peices through it. does anyone have any pictures about good red hair colors? like... along the lines of mary kate olsen but a little lighter...not as dark as hers...any help would be great! thankss

no good pics..because it is really ugly hair-do...

I don't like the combo blonde and red unless is very gradual which doesn't sound like what you're looking for.
How do you feel about blonde and pink?? I used to be a hair-guineypig for a salon some years ago..and had pink added to my blonde hair and it looked great..surprisingly enough.

example:
colordef.gif

Originally posted by Hanne@Nov 1 2004, 12:12 PM
I don't like the combo blonde and red unless is very gradual which doesn't sound like what you're looking for.
How do you feel about blonde and pink?? I used to be a hair-guineypig for a salon some years ago..and had pink added to my blonde hair and it looked great..surprisingly enough.

example:
colordef.gif

[snapback]413635[/snapback]​

yeah i definitly want the blonde to be very gradual. nothing crazy. just a pretty red is really what i am looking for to get some ideas

Originally posted by *Addict_to_Fashion*@Nov 1 2004, 10:55 AM
no good pics..because it is really ugly hair-do...
[snapback]413622[/snapback]​

Awww, ugly? I hope addicted didn't take that personally. :flower:

Anyway, I've been thinking of doing a little red to my hair, as well... I have blonde hair, too. I'm just afraid that once I do it red, I'll have to redye and all that stuff, and that's a pain to me. It would be ideal to do a 24-wash thing..however, that may ruin my hair.

I'm not sure if those wash-out dyes work, anyway?

Originally posted by Erin@Nov 1 2004, 07:17 PM
Awww, ugly? I hope addicted didn't take that personally. :flower:

Anyway, I've been thinking of doing a little red to my hair, as well... I have blonde hair, too. I'm just afraid that once I do it red, I'll have to redye and all that stuff, and that's a pain to me. It would be ideal to do a 24-wash thing..however, that may ruin my hair.

I'm not sure if those wash-out dyes work, anyway?
[snapback]413759[/snapback]​

No no no.,. didn't want to insult her :smile:.. Really :flower:

Originally posted by *Addict_to_Fashion*@Nov 1 2004, 02:23 PM
No no no.,. didn't want to insult her :smile:.. Really :flower:
[snapback]413771[/snapback]​

lol its okay i didnt take it personally :P

yeah, erin, i know what you mean. im scared that once i do it, i wont like it and will have to re-do it all over again.

Don't listen those silly people addicted, I like her too. :wink:
Here are some pictures for you:

lg1.jpg

22.jpg

You'll find more pictures at any fan site though...

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Nov 1 2004, 10:20 PM
Don't listen those silly people addicted, I like her too. :wink:
Here are some pictures for you:

lg1.jpg

22.jpg

You'll find more pictures at any fan site though...
[snapback]414438[/snapback]​

lol thank you oh so much for the pics!! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anna Nilufer
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->