Red Hot Chili Peppers

Reaction score
noticed that he didnt have a thread so thought of starting one...
im reading his book at the moment and im totally hooked. has anyone read it? what do you guys think?
and also a question for you all...in the beginning of the book he thanks some people, including his WIFE?!?!?!??! but i can't find any info on who she is or even if she exists. is he really married? he doesnt mention it in the book

he doesn't have wife, he has been dating a model heather/nikka... i'm not sure for her name

I have the book .I loved reading it. I think he's really cool , but he had a verrrry wild life :o

I can't believe theres no thread about them! RHCP have to my most favorite band ever. My favorite song has to be All Around World or Minor Thing. What does everyone else think of them?

I love them, they played a very significant role in my change of musical taste when I was 14/15...I generally prefer their older albums as opposed to their more commercial recent ones, but they still have some fantastic songs on...californication and blood sugar sex magic are both great albums, it generally depends on who they had in the band at the time...Uplift mofo party plan is fantastic...

off course but we have a thread about them..
I still listn to under the brigde and californication u should do that to

^ Welcome to TFS. :flower: I looked and I didn't find a thread. I still do listen to those songs there on my I-pod.

I love the Red Hot Chili Peppers...i love their older albums and i think i pretty much have em all..Anthony kiedis(sp) is a great song writer, whenever i listen to their songs i make sure i read the lyrics first, that way i enjoy the songs even more knowing all the words and stuff...anywho i am sure i'll be posting here alot but right now i have the lyrics to one of my fav song

Breaking The Girl

I am a man
Cut from the know
Rarely do friends
Come and then go
She was a girl
Soft but estranged
We were the two
Our lives rearranged
Feeling so good that day
A feeling of love that day

Twisting and turning
Your feelings are burning
You're breaking the girl
She meant you no harm

[chorus]
Think you're so clever
But now you must sever
You're breaking the girl
He loves no one else

Raised by my dad
Girl of the day
He was my man
That was the way
She was the girl
Left alone
Feeling the need
To make me her home
I don't know what when or why
The twilight of love had arrived
:heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
I love them... Under the bridge, higher ground, soul to squeeze, my friends, Zepher song, Californification

I think they got better as they got older and started writing more conventional 'songs' rather than doing the funk-rap thing all the time. The slow ones are amazing, I Could Have Lied, Breaking the Girl, Road Trippin' etc. Those slide guitar solos on Scar Tissue send shivers down my spine.

Yeah me too, but i think they became better when they introduced a more melodic element. Their songwriting matured so that they started to use the funk-rap more as a tool to give their songs individuality rather than it just being the basis for the song itself.

I like them, they "made" great music..
"californication" is the best album IMO
the only RHCP tracks i have in my ipod are Zepher song and Scar tissue

Corso said:
Yeah me too, but i think they became better when they introduced a more melodic element. Their songwriting matured so that they started to use the funk-rap more as a tool to give their songs individuality rather than it just being the basis for the song itself.

I understand what your saying, but I disagree. I think that they have always had a melodic element in their music. Their first giant hit song, Under the Bridge, is pretty melodic and has a "mature" songwriting theme, no? Anthony Kieddis has always incorporated a funky-rap style into the way he delivers his lyrics; I think his sound is pretty consistent - melodic on the slower, softer songs and the funky-rap style on the faster ones. A combination of the two singing styles are always present on the albums but represented in different songs.

Yeah, that's right. I'm actually referring to albums post Mother's Milk as the better ones, beginning with Blood Sugar. That's the album where they really developed their songwriting and sound. It's the earlier albums with Slovak and Irons which i feel lack something.

Corso said:
Yeah, that's right. I'm actually referring to albums post Mother's Milk as the better ones, beginning with Blood Sugar. That's the album where they really developed their songwriting and sound. It's the earlier albums with Slovak and Irons which i feel lack something.

Yeah, definitely lacking ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->