Rick Owens F/W 2024.25 Paris

But there’s something really annoying lately about Rick Owens, his fans and the whole thing.
Oh god yes. I used to like him so much, because he seemed so honest. I remember a decade back when he was exploring his Mexican roots and inspired by Mayan architecture. It was so admirable what he did, but now, he is just going along with the whole social media gimmick thing. I still liked his last collection, though. I think he is a very iconic talent who has lost his way.

Im so confused as much as im kind of admirative of those people or characters…
I have too a lot of designers clothes. Some would say that I have collected. I love fashion, I love clothes but I also love the history of fashion and everything and beyond. That being said, despite the fact that the work of some designers have influenced my style I wonder how, those people think that being in the background of your own self goes with wearing those clothes.
I’m sure they are convinced that RO reflects their personality but all I see is an absence of personality…Or costumes.

I had enough at 3:49.. these people give me the ick, they’re in the same realm as comic-con attendees, coupon hoaders, just the absolute most boring, least forward, least fun, less interesting, extra obnoxious type of fashion victims. Plus tasteless.

The only positive thing I took away from them was the way they wear the clothes to the point of complete disrepair. There's something rather nice when you see people wear designer pieces as everyday wear and just wearing them in until it needs to be honestly replaced.

But then I back track. Needing to buy more pants because they didn't look right with the sneakers? The Rick Owens starter pack outfit? In way, you are just a billboard and a caricature devoid of any true individuality. If you want to represent yourself and be yourself, isn't strongly aligning yourself with the mind and ethos of one designer contradictory?

i see this is what the rick owens cult look like 💀

I dunno why but they have cheapen the brand for me. Didnt hear anything about the comfort, the luxurious fabrics, or the nice silhouettes he offers. Or maybe i missed it, everything made it feel like they're cosplaying, so unnatural. Like 2 gay people trying to prove that they fell for the opposite sex because of rick owens.

^ why do I also get the feeling that they will both be in extremely different places in 15 years? something about the Ikea, dorm-like set up of their apartment, the costume nights, how relatively recent (and kind of late) they had their Rick Owens 'awakening' lol, I just know there's a 180 in some years (think 2036) and that there's a chance he will have either fully transitioned, or gone Bryan Johnson: shaved, Patagonia vest, chinos, powder blue button-up shirt, totally defensive every time this video is brought up, and she will be unregonisably thin and blonde and laughing at this video but also campaigning for empowerment cause she's no longer cool girl.

I don't care if it's groundbreaking, one-of-a-kind and extreme quality. It's just plain ugly.

Just came across these pics and they must've the been the idea behind the Mishima tops and dresses

99.245_01_b02-Large-TIFF_4000-pixels-long.jpgbara2.jpg20201122152826.jpg
source: Eikoh Hosoe - Barakei

mishima was almost a pop star. so he did some trash.
it's good to loosen up sometimes. it's necessary.
but you have to be cool when you need to be. he was able to do that.
for example, he ventured into the political hostility dome alone, turning down the police's offer to guard him.
1 vs more than 1000
and they ended up being fascinated with his presence and personality in spite of ideological incompatibility.
he was the real deal.

01-2-13.jpg

cname_2020021215022.jpg

every time I saw pics of relatively recent rick, I thought he looked like something in some way. now it's solved. it's this image of mishima. and rick likes to have a vision of his own severed head. maybe mishima too used to have it. though one is fake the other is real.

19135.jpg

330px-Rick_Owens_Paris_Fashion_Week_RTW_Spring_Summer_2019.jpg

rickzilla_003.jpg
wiki
bookmeter
fashionsnap
cinequinto

mishima was like a pop star ( "I'd like to be a great gorilla as the modern gorilla" what he said). but at the same time he was taken seriously as a writer.
he did that act just at the highest point of his literary career.

"could beauty, I wondered, be as unbeautiful a thing as this? "
if rick is the designer who wants to say yes it is, he is yet to show the collection as the answer.
what I saw from him can be some good collections. and mostly trial and errors.
at this rate, for him a collection will be a postponed suicide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->