Rita Hayworth

More!

RitaHayworth10.jpg

RitaHayworth5.jpg

RitaHayworth4.jpg

RitaHayworth1.jpg

catherinea said:
I saw Gilda recently. Amazing!
Some trivia about the film: In the scene where Gilda is brought back to Argentina by Tom, she slaps Johnny hard across both sides of his face. In reality, Rita Hayworth's slaps broke two of Glen Ford's teeth! :P

Ziegfeld Girl said:
I think Rita Hayworth is so pretty and glamorous. I have a box set of 8 of her films on DVD. My favourites are Cover Girl and Gilda. I think Rita is great in musicals (my hat goes off to those that can keep up with Fred Astaire and Gene Kelly :D ) and she is wonderful as the mysterious and sexy femme fatale. She is also another old Hollywood star that married a prince although that marriage didn't work out. :(

i have that box set and those are my faves as well - i just love the long ago and far away scene in cover girl

I was reading a biography on her that said that she was extremely insecure about herself and she had to have a lot of work on her to get her to be as beautiful as she was. If I remember right her father was very bad to her and molested her which resulted in her always needing a domeneering man in her life, which is why she had such bad marriages.

But she is really a lovely woman despite those things.
I haven't seen any of her movies all thoguh i would like to, can anyone recomment any really good ones. I have been wanting to see Gilda for a while but havn't yet.

My favorite picture of her.
ritahaywoth135vi.jpg

And my version of it.
RitaHayworth.jpg

Also a quote from her.

"After all, a girl is - well, a girl. It's nice to
be told you're successful at it."
:::Rita Hayworth:::

One of my favorite classic Hollywood actresses. I've only seen one of her movies from when she was older but she was still beautiful in it. I always saw a resemblance between her and a young Marilyn Monroe, another fav of mine.

dbear1000 said:
I was reading a biography on her that said that she was extremely insecure about herself and she had to have a lot of work on her to get her to be as beautiful as she was. If I remember right her father was very bad to her and molested her which resulted in her always needing a domeneering man in her life, which is why she had such bad marriages.

But she is really a lovely woman despite those things.
I haven't seen any of her movies all thoguh i would like to, can anyone recomment any really good ones. I have been wanting to see Gilda for a while but havn't yet.
Nice drawing. :flower:

The only "work" that Rita Hayworth had done on her was getting her black hair dyed red and her hairline raised by (painful) electrolysis. This was initiated by the studio heads rather than by Rita herself. Other than she is all natural. I have heard, however, that she wasn't all that confident. One quote from her sums it up nicely: "Men go to bed with Gilda, but wake up with me."

Some trivia: the character of Maria Vargas (played by Ava Gardner, the woman in my avatar) in the film The Barefoot Contessa (1954) was based on Rita Hayworth.

Some good Rita movies to start off with are:
Cover Girl (1944)
Gilda (1946)
The Lady From Shanghai (1947)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ziegfeld Girl said:
Nice drawing. :flower:

The only "work" that Rita Hayworth had done on her was getting her black hair dyed red and her hairline raised by (painful) electrolysis. This was initiated by the studio heads rather than by Rita herself. Other than she is all natural.
That is exactely what I read, I didn't mean to make it sound like she is totaly fake. I know she had a extreme widows peak and they had to fix that. But yes that is what I read.

Thank you for your help and compliment.

I looooove her in Cover Girl :woot:! She dances like a dream...so beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionhill
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->