Rogan for Target

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
from wwd...

TARGET NABS ROGAN: Now pitching for Target — Rogan Gregory. The Minneapolis-based chain is said to have lined up the designer as the latest addition to its seasonal collaborations. Photographer Sarah Silver reportedly shot the Rogan campaign for Target Friday in Manhattan. Her free-moving imagery seems in synch with the retailer's action-packed ads — she studied classical and modern dance at Vasser and believes in what Henri Cartier-Bresson called "the decisive moment."

that should be rather interesting,actually. i do like some of their stuff. i wish they would have men's though. its boring men aren't getting anything from these endeavours. and rogan's menswear is a bit better too.

i think it would be great if a mass market store like target had an environmentally friendly line like this...

i wonder if it will be organic cotton...

i probably wont be too crazy about the cut of things, but ill sure ill pick up a few t shirts...

hmmm... sounds interesting...
...i don't really know what to think about it...

rogan gregory has a hand in edun and loomstate as well as his own jeans line "rogan".

he won the Council of Fashion Designers of America/Vogue Fashion Fund top prize this year.

curious as always to see what this collaboration will bring forth..
thanks for the thread lucy :flower:

Cool, thanks for the info. Everyone seems to be getting a Target collection!

I'm not sure what to think about this collaboration but I think there will be some good pieces.

Thanks, Lucy!

it's really quite nice,after the luella+porenza stints,that they've been so brave to acquire,really,many 'unknowns'....at least to those with a mainstream mindset. i mean rogan isn't exactly a huge designer...and neither was libertine and now erin. i really think this is a similar attempt that topshop has done with so many indie designers and graduates in the UK the last few years.

lucy,that's a very good point about their approach to this. i wonder that as well. i dunno. libertine with their recycle style kind of tried to apply that aesthetic but it didn't quite feel the same in that.

I'm not familiar with Rogan's work by any means, but Target is a store I frequent so I'm bound to come across this collection sooner or later.

i found no press room images yet, and wondered if they discontinued the Go line--because they released the previews for Erin Fetherston and Alice Temperley so early. But now I am relieved to see they're still going along with it. Even though the Go collections have come as hits and misses, I still get excited about it.

the press preview for the line was held last thursday january 10.

so maybe we will see some press images sooner than we think.

Gasp...could it only be swimwear?????

interview rogan did with time out chicago
http://www.timeout.com/chicago/articles/shopping/27085/rogan-gregory-designer

TOC: You also have a Target line?
Rogan Gregory: Yeah, that’s going to be out in May. I said, “If you let me do it with organic, and if you let me do it in the summer, I’ll do it.” It’s sexy. It’s all women’s swimwear, which is something I was really excited about because I wouldn’t get that chance with my own brand in the near future.

ewwww...

that's pretty disappointing and rather boring if i may say so. don't they already have tons of swimwear at the disposal of customers? why on earth would he want to do add to that? would have been nice to see some decent cheap summer clothes for a change because you rarely get that if you shop at this level and can't afford to shop designer.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm hoping its a reporters error...it would make no sense to do ONLY a swimwear collection...right now, my target is stuffed to the gills with swimwear...and may is kinda late for swimwear as well...

yeah so far the ranges have had more of a melange rather than one strict item. i would hate that if it comes to be true.

i agree with both of you...
i would hate to see this collection be all swimwear when there is so much potential for more..

i would love to actually see some quality jeans from target..Rogan could provide that, but not if he passes up a denim opportunity for the sake of swimwear :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Riska21
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->