S/S 06 Trends you can't wait for

lilbabe80

Reaction score
Hi everyone:
I was wondering what trend you're most looking forward to in Spring. I personally can't wait for the whole industrial or Mod/Minimalism trend (ex. marc jacobs, balenciaga) because I'm really tired of over accessorizing...lol!

Other potential trends:
"Surrealism": sophisticated, elitist, womanly style. Fluid, curvy, shapely, feminine, waist cinching. Romantic. (YSL Rive Gauche, Rick Owen, seen in touches throughout many collections)

"Industrial": like a machinists, not so military as it is inspired by the factory or proletarian wasteland of the Eastern bloc. Functionality with details (pockets, flaps, tabs, snaps, zips, seams, patches); Defined by retro-futuristic colors (industrial drays, graphite, corroded-finished copper & rust, silver); Minimal & clean. (ex. Prada, Calvin Klein, Narciso Rodriquez, Lanvin)

"Fauvism": inspired by the nature & outdoors; rustic & country in a classic way; think of leaves, flowers, birds, beasts; silhouette is tailored, dressed up sportswear, neutral colors like rich warm brown mixed with brights. Also romantic. (Ex. Dolce & Gabbana, D&G, Gucci)

"Dada": anti-bourgeois, do-it-yourself magpie quality, reconstructed, patched & pieced; impression of borrowing and self mixing; chaotic mix of prints and patterns (Ex. Dries van noten)

Also, it would be really helpful if you could also provide your general age range.

Feel free to include your favorite collection or piece of the season!!!

I'm going to be using this information to provide the best designs for you, the customer! I think style.com and other trend forecasters help in predictions but sometimes the customer may not necessarily buy what looks appealing.

Thanks!!!

My stupid internet connection double posted this. How to delete?! Thanks.

I'm definitely looking forward to some of these:

Cloak : The whole military and safari look is just stunning... and they're still holding on to some of those neo gothic looks from the past seasons.. so lovely...

Dries Van Noten : Oh... one word: Romanticism.. It is amazing what Dries has done for his S/S 06...

Ann Demeulemeester : That effortless straight-out-of-bed look.. catched my eyes.. and my mind still wanders...

Thanks Baizilla. Your tastes are like my customers!

I will definitely be taking all your suggestions into account. Thanks for making it easier for me to design for you! :flower: :D

From the descriptions above and the designers you used as an example I would have to say "Industrial"

But otherwise I'm just looking forward (hopefully all these will become trends) to all the light colors, like nude and white. And all the dresses:woot: can't wait for it.. and the white accessories that I most of all hope will become a trend.. and the highwaist skirts.:D

I don't think that I will stick to one style of dresses in spring and in summer.. I will probably mix a lot of stuff.

none of those sound like actual trends for s/s 05 to me...:ermm:

i think that the edwardian/romantic/new gothic look will still be going forward...
along with minimalism...

i also think we will see very little colour...
lots of blk, white and all the shades in between...
we have threads on all of those trends if you care to take a look...
:wink:

ps-pm a mod for this section to have the double post deleted...
:flower:

I would love for this industrial thing to go down, I used to be machinist myself for a bit. Wait until you see some customization...:shifty: But then again, I haven't seen anything. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the "Surrealism" style you described. Balenciaga seemed to be anything but minimalistic though, it's filled with frilly lace, patterns/prints, lots of those big chocker necklaces. Maybe I have the wrong image of minimalism?

None of the trends you describe are what appeals to me personally at the moment ... I was overall disappointed with the spring shows because I didn't like the radical about-face from fall that so many designers executed. I also didn't like how dark and heavy many collections were. I wanted to see what I loved about fall interpreted for spring, and it just didn't happen. I'm not a person who is "so over" this or that ... my clothes stay with me (I hope) as seasons pass. I won't deny that I buy trends, but I'm not a trendy dresser, if that makes sense.

What's looking good to me for spring is Edwardian (as softgrey mentioned), possibly a bit of 20s influence. Round toes, soft, flowing lines, embroidery, silk. I'm looking for solid colors and subtle detail. I like the bug jewelry trend (esp dragonflies), which to me evokes Victorian collections and Tiffany stained glass. In terms of personal usefulness, probably my favorite collection was Anna Sui. Also loved Lanvin resort. I may buy some of the long shorts that were everywhere. I *will not* be cinching my waist. I *am* so over that. I have no intention of giving up comfort because Stefano Pilati says so.

What I'm looking for is probably at least somewhat against trend at the moment, but I've already spotted some individual pieces that I think will work for me, and I'm sure I'll find more once everything starts to hit the stores.

industrial, minimalism and Dada, sound good to me lilbabe..
and yes, less 'colour' more white and a huge rise of the blue shades

Last edited by a moderator:
already bought my first white frill shirt ,
LOVE it and will wear it for new year :heart:

surprisingly enough i've also bought a fab white linen jacket, i'm so not a white 'person' but all of the sudden white appeals to me a lot

fashionista-ta said:
None of the trends you describe are what appeals to me personally at the moment ... I was overall disappointed with the spring shows because I didn't like the radical about-face from fall that so many designers executed. I also didn't like how dark and heavy many collections were. I wanted to see what I loved about fall interpreted for spring, and it just didn't happen. I'm not a person who is "so over" this or that ... my clothes stay with me (I hope) as seasons pass. I won't deny that I buy trends, but I'm not a trendy dresser, if that makes sense.

What's looking good to me for spring is Edwardian (as softgrey mentioned), possibly a bit of 20s influence. Round toes, soft, flowing lines, embroidery, silk. I'm looking for solid colors and subtle detail. I like the bug jewelry trend (esp dragonflies), which to me evokes Victorian collections and Tiffany stained glass. In terms of personal usefulness, probably my favorite collection was Anna Sui. Also loved Lanvin resort. I may buy some of the long shorts that were everywhere. I *will not* be cinching my waist. I *am* so over that. I have no intention of giving up comfort because Stefano Pilati says so.

What I'm looking for is probably at least somewhat against trend at the moment, but I've already spotted some individual pieces that I think will work for me, and I'm sure I'll find more once everything starts to hit the stores.

I agree with so much of what you say. And I cannot but feel that this "radical about-face from Fall" is all about trying to make people buy a whole new wardrobe,and filling the fashion industry coffers.

I haven't even looked at an SS06 runway with a view to actually owning anything on there,to be honest.

For me,it's going to be a lighter evolution of what's going on right now.Summer clothes for me are always about comfort above anything else,anyway.

but what do you expect? all seasons evolve 'non radically' ..
much more at the stage consumer spending is at the moment :ninja:

i had a look at the fw06.07 international trendbooks, its hardly anything 'new' there.. just an evolution for the hit new items from fw05.06 and a bit more colour, nothing more..

QuirkyCool said:
I agree with so much of what you say. And I cannot but feel that this "radical about-face from Fall" is all about trying to make people buy a whole new wardrobe,and filling the fashion industry coffers.

I haven't even looked at an SS06 runway with a view to actually owning anything on there,to be honest.

For me,it's going to be a lighter evolution of what's going on right now.Summer clothes for me are always about comfort above anything else,anyway.

I'm sure you're right, that $$$ is behind it all :wink: And sure, I understand it's a business, I'm not looking for altruism from the fashion industry, but a bit more respect for the consumer would be really nice. All of these about-face designers seem to be trying to give us wardrobe whiplash, and I absolutely refuse. I'm not sure exactly who's going to be buying into the Versace revival and bondage accessories, but I promise it won't be me :innocent: Unfortunately right now I'm somewhat unable to take my own advice about just enjoying what's new in fashion, etc. :doh:

It's true... ^^ totally agree.. well at least less ethnic..

Well, the S/S fashion's it's much more me, so I a really excited about that. :D

I diden't really buy into the F/W gothic trend to much so I don't feel cheated on, as I reckon somre might feel, and the trends are moving fast..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anamali
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->