S/S 18 Campaign Wishlist & Model Casting Discussion, Guesses and Reactions

We can't expect these girls to be always at the top of their game though. I think some of them have the personality and right backing to stick around for a while.

Ya'll are forgetting to mention Lineisey, Selena, and Imaan. They're part of the star group of this generation. Sucks that they haven't gotten anything. I guess Imaan did get the Chanel beauty campaign so that's at least something.

I wouldn't really worry about Lexi. She's still good.

Ya'll are forgetting to mention Lineisey, Selena, and Imaan. They're part of the star group of this generation. Sucks that they haven't gotten anything. I guess Imaan did get the Chanel beauty campaign so that's at least something.

Selena got sportmax.

For what it’s worth, Lineisy, Lexi, Kiki, and Mica walked for Prada.

At least they have Ashley/Miuccia’s loyalty.

Valery Kaufman got Emilio Pucci...looks very nice!

Balmain SS18 campaign is on instagram. Photographed by Olivier, it features Katrin Zacharova, Roosmarijn de Kok (so random! What a bad choice), Valery Kaufman, Aleyna Fitzgerald and Tami Williams (so happy for her).

They're ALL random. Who are these people. Does Balmain have budget issues??

Lots of ads lacking star power, including Balmain. Happy for Tami and Kiko.

I’m all for ad campaign variety, but Balmain has a solid roster of top tier models. Why take such a big risk?

Michael Kors is Iselin Steiro & Baptiste Radufe.

It's really great seeing Iselin again. She's so lovely and powerful and totally elevates mediocre Michael Kors.

Really sad that the asians are being disposed of this season. So many talents have been left unused. At least the current biggest asian stars of this generation got one campaign each (Sora got LV and Jing Wen got Chloe) but it's still not good enough.

Any news on Calvin Klein, Alexander Wang, Balenciaga, Burberry, Bottega Veneta, Tom Ford?

I expect Calvin Klein and Alexander Wang will be the usual eye-roll fest. Kaia will probably be in at least one of them

Saw some images of the new Burberry campaign yesterday on IG. Shot by Teller and "art directed" by Adwoa Aboah. Big mess.

It's really great seeing Iselin again. She's so lovely and powerful and totally elevates mediocre Michael Kors.

Really sad that the asians are being disposed of this season. So many talents have been left unused. At least the current biggest asian stars of this generation got one campaign each (Sora got LV and Jing Wen got Chloe) but it's still not good enough.

Most of the campaigns left will probably/most likely feature some asians, like CK, AW, Balenciaga and BV. So there's that.

Most of the campaigns left will probably/most likely feature some asians, like CK, AW, Balenciaga and BV. So there's that.

When will casting directors and designers get that race shouldn't be a trend. You can't just have Asian or black models in this season and out the next.

When will casting directors and designers get that race shouldn't be a trend. You can't just have Asian or black models in this season and out the next.

Exactly. I'm tired of them being used as a trend every few years. If the world were just Jing Wen would be getting four Prada campaigns in a row like the white girls. The only designer who has been honestly loyal season after season campaign wise to an asian model is Nicholas to Sora. She's been in the LV campaign the past six seasons. I can't think of another asian model who's had an A list designer be that loyal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->